Ipod? Zen? Neither?

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want a 20gb or something mp3 player...but I cant decide which one I want, or if im choosing the wrong one.

Simply...I wonderd what you guys thought? should I get an Ipod? (doubt it)
Should I get a Zen Touch Light? 20gb?

I wouldnt mind one that could store photos and other files aswell...as in displaying the photos, so...whatcha guys think?

i have a 20gb ipod and personally, i wouldnt buy another one. i had it for about a month and it just stopped working, the computer wouldnt see it and i couldnt turn it on. luckily it was warranteed so i got another one but now this one acts funny sometimes, like sometimes after i put songs on it then let it charge overnight it won't turn on the next day :confused: and this past week it was really weird- it was making a really bad noise like a high pitched static when i played songs that i hadnt downloaded from itunes, but it worked fine for music that i got from itunes :confused: but when i charged it everything went back to normal...it drives me crazy!

well if that isnt a deterent for buying an IPOD i dont know what is :):)

My girlfriends ipod is great!! There are glitchs like everything else and they have to be formatted for use between pc and mac. There are some things you also need to know about rebooting them when they crash. She's had her's for almost 8 monthes and it has only spazzed once. She followed the directions on the reboot and it hasn't had any trouble since. The battery situation with the Ipods does suck and that alone would keep me from getting one myself eventhough I'm a mac head. Good luck on the search Arty. Heck i think the research before the buying is almost as fun as playing with it when you get...then again im a sicko.

RCA makes a LYRA portable device and I think it's a 20GB but it could be more. It has a CF slot on it so you can download your pictures directly to it if you'd like and you can store videos, pictures, mp3s, etc... Pretty cool little device if you ask me. :D

I don't have an mp3 player but I do have a MD Player (no not MDowdey player, it's a MiniDisc player). I bought it about 3 or 4 years ago and it is excellent.

At that time the mp3 players weren't really a big thing yet and it was all MDs. The mp3 players around only had 256 and 500MB of storage which is just nothing and I got sick of hearing the same music over and over and then I'd have to delete them and re-download others to the player. With the MD I just change disc and I'm ready to go again! Plus I also got it to record my uni lectures coz they're done via video conference.

The only pain in the ass thing is that the software I have to use to transfer songs to the MD absolutely sucks. (stupid sony!) and I can't transfer some of my podcasts and mp3s because they're not at the right bit rates etc.

Lesson: Get an mp3 player with lots of storage (but you already know that),
make sure you can change the battery easily and not expensively (I've heard the iPod is absolute hell wrt batteries),
Do you need special software to transfer songs to use the player? (I'd personally stay away from them and get a player that just acts like a USB key)

Oh and if you want to look cool, stuff the iPod and get a MiniDisc player!! Not many people have them and the discs are ultra cool and everyone says "ohhh what's that?!?!"

hahaha...MD player...

thats me, a true playa. remember ladies, dont hate the playa, hate the game.

md

MDowdey said:
hahaha...MD player...

thats me, a true playa. remember ladies, dont hate the playa, hate the game.

md

yeah but does his battery last?

dude, i run off of pure adrenal power. no plugging in required(unless you want to) and i never need to be rebooted.

md

Meysha said:
Well I've never had any problem with it. But people are always really surprised at how small it is. ;-)
:cokespit: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back