Ipod? Zen? Neither?

oops. hehe.
I reckon the Off Topic section should be named to "Let's see how long it takes MD to turn this into a 'dirty' thread".

My son's iPod works fine - but we have Macs. Apparently you can use it as storage for any files - pics, videos, whatever.
Don't buy the coloured plastic ones though. They are not good value.

MDowdey said:
hahaha...the playa aint small

Well I guess compared to other's it isn't, not saying that I've tested out a lot, but I've seen enough to know. It also comes in different colours like a whitish/silver, red and blue even. ;-)

Hertz, why aren't the coloured plastic ones any good? I've got a coloured plastic one and it works fine, I just have to make sure I charge the batteries well. ;-)

Arty I'm really sorry about this thread. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:spank:

Meysha said:
Hertz, why aren't the coloured plastic ones any good? I've got a coloured plastic one and it works fine, I just have to make sure I charge the batteries well. ;-)
I didn't say they weren't any good - I said I didn't think they were good value.
In the UK the 4Gig mini is around £180. Another £100 gets you the 20Gig. I just think the 20Gig is better value (and they have a metal case instead of a plastic one)

Ohh good point hertz. And you can put whatever you want on the iPods can't you? Can you have a mix of music and files on at the same time?

My thread...:(

Thanks Hertz...but Im not sure about Ipods...I really hear a lot about them....you can get the Zen Touch 20gb for £150, but apparently it has to have usb 2.0, but I can easily get an adaptor for that

I have one of these, a Philips HDD120 - 20gb mp3 and wma player. Never had any problems with it and I got it for less than £200.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

I just treated myself to a 60GB Zen Xtra, and I couldn't be happier with it. I researched ALL the different kinds of mp3 players out there for hours, and basically they all have their pros and cons. Quickly, the pros for the Zen..

-replaceable battery (some others (Ipod) don't)
-long lasting battery life
-crisp sound
-tons of space (16,000 songs)...don't think you'll need all that space? just wait...mine is half full already
-best bang for your buck (or pound)
-Normalization...I have mp3's from everywhere, this will normalize the volume on all of them, Ipod doesn't have this feature.

Cons
-bigger than Ipod
-can't run with it
-supposedly clumsy software, but I've had absolutely no problem with it.

I picked mine up for $279 USD and couldn't be happier, I love it. You're adding about 100$ for the Ipod name, truly. But it's alright because I own their stock. :)

good luck

Most reactions

Back