Ipod? Zen? Neither?

The IPod minis don't have plastic cases. They are also metal, I have a 4Gb silver one and it's worked perfectly since I bought it. No problems running on my PC and can hold my entire music collection and a shedload of images. IMO 20Gb is overkill unless you plan on carting around the entire contents of your PC hard drive everywhere you go. I have 1.2 days worth of music on my pod at the moment and it's still only 1.64Gb full... how much space do you want ffs?

Artemis said:
Cant run with it? Why cant you run with it mate? and thanks for the pros and cons there...

can't use it while you're running/jogging because it's an actual harddrive. Some people have claimed that they run with it, but I won't chance it...and I don't usually run with music anyway.

Scurra is right, 20GB is overkill for some people...but it's amazing how fast you'll fill yours up. Plus, the difference between a 40GB and a 60GB was only $30, so I chose the latter.

And I didn't mean to bash the Ipod, it definitely has its advantages...

Yeh...but I dont want an Ipod...so...what...I cant run with any mp3 player? and can the Zen hold other files? cause that may be VERY usefull...

You can run with a normal mp3 player because it doesn't have moving parts like a hard drive. It's more like the card in your digital camera. Could you imagine running with your laptop?

I dunno how safe it is, but I run with my minidisc which is prolly just as bad as running with the hard drive mp3 players - coz it is a spinning disc - but at least I know my MDs only cost a few bucks and I can replace them.

treehuggerhikerboy said:
can't use it while you're running/jogging because it's an actual harddrive. Some people have claimed that they run with it, but I won't chance it...and I don't usually run with music anyway.

Scurra is right, 20GB is overkill for some people...but it's amazing how fast you'll fill yours up. Plus, the difference between a 40GB and a 60GB was only $30, so I chose the latter.

And I didn't mean to bash the Ipod, it definitely has its advantages...
Isn't the iPod a hdd as well? Anything with moving parts will probably break if you jiggle it about for long enough.

Get the iPod. Most problems seen with them occur with people using Windows machines with them-BUT(i know some will have something to say about that) that isn't always the case. Once in awhile you will find a Mac user that has trouble with the iPod. I've owned several different mp3 players, all having some issue at some point in time, but the iPod gave the least. Plus it's so DAMN COOL!!!!!!

depends upon the size, usually the smaller mp3 players use memory like a compact flash card, but the bigger ones are actually harddrives with moveable parts, I can feel mine vibrate as it whirs into action. I just sorted through most of the reviews on amazon and figured out which one would suit me best.

Most reactions

Back