IR is photoshop 2

yeah, we need to HELP people here, not discourage them. I know when i first posted on this forum, i didnt feel welcome. WE need to change this attitude aganst new people. Were all just photographers looking for someone to talk to , right?

i mean im just trying to have a good time and take some pics and people gotta break my friggin balls. yes i have a lot of questions that seem dumb to a lot of people but im new and im trying to learn and get better. if you dont feel liek explaining it, then dont. thanks to everyone who took the time out to help me :hail:

Touchy kid- have fun.

yeah, we need to HELP people here, not discourage them. I know when i first posted on this forum, i didnt feel welcome. WE need to change this attitude aganst new people. Were all just photographers looking for someone to talk to , right?

You are so right. It's the one thing I hate about this forum. The attitude in general is horrible. Espeically toward new users. There is a way to post and be direct to support a person for growth and a way that does nothing. It's a shame. I suspect they are smart folks with lots of knowledge, but you know, even a brilliant person that doesn't know the best appproach to deliver the message, has no one listening.

My advice to the new users, pay attention to who is posting comments. It's almost ALWAYS the same members that are the culprit. Having no response will keep your thread on track and hopefully be helpful.

Lorielle -
Test every aspect of your camera and see what options best fit your photography. Over the past few years, I've watched this RAW thing turn into a Pro Only kinda of thing. IMO, It's BS. Anyone can shoot RAW.

thank you! some people on here need to be more like you and tony,imo. its called constructive criticism for a reason not bashing someone. ive openly admitting im new to the field, dont have much equipment or knowledge about it, but i want to learn more. like i said, if you dont want to help me, then dont and move on. yeah i still dont know what raw is, but ive been fine without it, whatever it is. and yes, youre right it usually is the same people who are rude. but again thanks to everyone who is constructive and helpful.

Brief explanation. Raw is the data saved as it came off the sensor. This format retains the max. amount of date captured by the camera. Jpeg files have already been processed by the camera, and compressed to save file space. Much of the information from the sensor has been discarded after in-camera processing. Most think of a RAW file as a negative, and the JPEG as a print made on an automated print machine at a one hour photo kiosk.

some people just should not be allowed to communicate with others on certain days.

see if your camera has an option to shoot in RAW+JPEG basically what it does is it saves two formats the raw and the jpg. that way you have both a jpg version (if you dont want to spend a long time working on the raw). And a raw format so you can play around with it and see what RAW is all about.

Also, i think the amount of "worthless" posts are getting ridiculous... nikonkev no you can not do ANYTHING in PS... if you could don't you all think we would have millions of dollars right now and have the most high end equipment in the world?

I just ordered an IR filter too off of ebay, hope you have fun with yours!

yeah if you could do anything in photoshop, then there would be no point in buying equiptment. i got my filter off ebay too. what kind did you get? =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back