Iron Man

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
these are iron statues of men which stand along the banks of the river mersey. i think there are between ten or twenty of them and they stand about 7ft tall each. When the tide goes out, they are slowly revealed. this one has the sea upto his waist.

It was going dark fast when i took this picture and i didnt have a tripod with me. I underexposed it badly by accident and hoped i may be able to save it in photoshop. So it didnt turn out quite how i wanted it

ironman2.jpg

I like the compo and the reflection. Whatever else is in the water in the upper portion is a little distracting.

wow, awesome shot John, great compostion and colors. I know it's tough to get a photo just how you are imagining it, but this looks good to me... :thumbup:

I actually kind of like the mysterious object out in the water...it's like the iron man is wading out to see it...or is waiting for it to come in. It gives him life, other wise it's just a guy in the water...not even a real guy.

Nice shot.

Big Mike said:
I actually kind of like the mysterious object out in the water...it's like the iron man is wading out to see it...or is waiting for it to come in. It gives him life, other wise it's just a guy in the water...not even a real guy.

Nice shot.
Good eye Mike!
That forced me to look into the photo more :thumbup:
It's still a little distracting at first glimpse, but after I look at it, and the angle of the man, I like it more.

thanks for the comments guys, i appreciate it.

I was trying to make the figure appear like it was looking out towards the object in the distance and try to balance the picture abit more. Although i like the idea of it being there, i think the fact its a bit out of focus doesn't help, you can't really tell what it is. It's a wooden lighthouse, bouy, type, thing.

nice work! :)

Nice compositiobn and colours.

A great shot.

For anyone whos intersted the artist who did these statues was anthony gormley who also did the angel of the north that I'm ure JohnMF and other UKers are familiar with.

I love it! the exposure and composition are perfect, I also like the subdued colors.

I really like this shot. A great calmness about the scene. The way the colourd merge into one another makes it look like a painting. Very good :thumbup:

Did you have to stand there for hours to get this or was it one of those chance shots?

Mohain said:
Did you have to stand there for hours to get this or was it one of those chance shots?

i was hanging around taking various other pictures in the area when the sun started to set and the tide went out and i noticed they were starting to pop out the water

Most reactions

Back