Soft kitty,
Warm kitty,
Little ball of fur.
Happy kitty,
Sleepy kitty,
Purr, purr, purr

I noticed my cat's mane was getting a little nappy:

IMG_20130909_205538.jpg

That might have been a clue right there that the OP's question had been answered.
Yes, he determined that they were nearly identical, using some unstated method that we have no guarantees actually tested them correctly, due to all of the above issues. "OP thinking he found the answer" does not = "OP found the answer. "

But since we apparently don't care about working to think about actual answers to problems here, I guess that's okay.
Our work here was done once we threw out a couple of face-value one-liners.
Who knew this whole "helping people" thing was so easy?

pretty much, except that your 24mm prime is going to be sharper with less distortion. cannot compare these 2.

That might have been a clue right there that the OP's question had been answered.
Yes, he determined that they were nearly identical, using some unstated method that we have no guarantees actually tested them correctly, due to all of the above issues. "OP thinking he found the answer" does not = "OP found the answer. "

But since we apparently don't care about working to think about actual answers to problems here, I guess that's okay.
Our work here was done once we threw out a couple of face-value one-liners.
Who knew this whole "helping people" thing was so easy?

I answered my question through my testing to my satisfaction.
Testing methodologies .... not like as mentioned above but I tested it from the sensor the same location and the outer glass at the same location (no filters). It was all pretty close in it as maybe 1/2 a brick here or there.

Of course the ongoing banter is quite interesting in a 5-ShelDon-mensional sort of way.

Of course I was only 8 feet away. I wondered if I did 80 feet from a large building but alas my question is answered as good as it is going to get answered for myself at this time.

Of course is 24mm/2.8 as sharp and better light gathering than my 24-85 @24/2.8 is another question I have ... but I'm not curious enough to test.

I also found it interesting about the quality of other lens and variations that one may expect.
So a great thread. It answered my question and gave me alot of other information.

so to sign off ....

Soft kitty,
Warm kitty,
Little ball of fur.
Happy kitty,
Sleepy kitty,
Purr, purr, purr

The focal length marked on the lens is more of an estimation than an exact measurement.

Most reactions

Back