Is anybody tired of flower shots yet??

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
I sure hope not!!! :D

This was actually done to test my new tripod. This was taken with the 70-300 zoom. Tripod was set up so that I didnt' have to stoop, and I'm 6'2". Long lens = shoooort DOF. I wonder...I almost think the DOF is just a hair too short for my tastes, but I like it enough to give it some space. :D

IMG_7409_edited_RS.jpg

Your right.. I think the DOF is just a little to short. I love the contrast between the green and the brilliant color of the flower but the branch just at the top bugs me. It seems to take the focus away even though it is out of focus.

Nope not tired of flower shots. Flowers and plants are one of the best natural occurring vibrant colors so they usually make nice pictures.

I agree that the DOF might be a tad short but it doesn't look all that bad. If it were any shorter then I might not think so.

Yup...DOF too short but I'll never get tired of shots like that anyway.

I never get tired of flower shots. It's some of my favorite photography. One more stop closed would have been better.

Not surprising to hear MrSid say he finds the DOF too short, he said so about my "DOF OK?"-picture, too, but in that one, like yourself in this one, Shark, I too was having my doubts about the shallow DOF.

And I still think that photos with a shallow DOF with something seemingly STICKING OUT have a dynamic of their own. They seem to take up a third dimension - sort of - in something that actually is strictly two-dimenstional.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back