Is anyone else obsessed with skin? (not like that!) :)

Has anyone downloaded and tested the 15-day demo of NIK software's Color Efex Pro? Incredible! They have like 250 effects, and one of them is dynamic skin softening. I just got through playing with just that alone for the last 20 min... and wow, I am totally blown away at how well it works.

I'm seriously considering adding this to my collection!

Edit: Ok, I purchased it and did a very fast test on the only mug available that I think would show the difference... my own.

I suffered badly with a case of extreme acne as a kid and my pores display this clearly. I think this program's single setting alone is almost worth purchasing this plug in. I tried it out in a 5 min test on the same pic that I used in my avatar... however in a little larger format. I got carried away a little and touched up the eyes, just removing some unwanted reflections, but other than that, the differences between the 2 pics is 100% nothing else but the Dynamic skin softener from Nik's Color Efex package. This alone is going to keep me busy for several months!

Before:
2538141459_875dce135c.jpg

After:
2538141275_b6c5f88d62.jpg

I'm convinced that once I get more comfortable with this new tool, that it will make an especially nice improvement in my portrait shots. Now... where to find a model on this rainy day? That may have to wait till later.

I'm happy about my new purchase!

Jerry, I'm downloading that now. Totally rad effects and some Nik software are making me DROOL over here! It's easy to see that pro's have software that would really make your pictures go from great to amazing. I have them bookmarked! Going to save for these, definitly!

If they keep putting out more of these kinds of products, eventually, they'll be so good that even my mug will be purdy... lmao!

Has anyone downloaded and tested the 15-day demo of NIK software's Color Efex Pro? Incredible! They have like 250 effects, and one of them is dynamic skin softening. I just got through playing with just that alone for the last 20 min... and wow, I am totally blown away at how well it works.

I'm seriously considering adding this to my collection!

Edit: Ok, I purchased it and did a very fast test on the only mug available that I think would show the difference... my own.

I suffered badly with a case of extreme acne as a kid and my pores display this clearly. I think this program's single setting alone is almost worth purchasing this plug in. I tried it out in a 5 min test on the same pic that I used in my avatar... however in a little larger format. I got carried away a little and touched up the eyes, just removing some unwanted reflections, but other than that, the differences between the 2 pics is 100% nothing else but the Dynamic skin softener from Nik's Color Efex package. This alone is going to keep me busy for several months!

Before:
<removed>

After:
<removed>

I'm convinced that once I get more comfortable with this new tool, that it will make an especially nice improvement in my portrait shots. Now... where to find a model on this rainy day? That may have to wait till later.

I'm happy about my new purchase!

That's nice, but is it just me, or does the skin in #2 look more pale?

hmm I dl'd the trial and I'm not that impressed. there are a couple that are OK, but not spectacular. I dl'd the freebies for totally rad actions and I like those a lot so far.
Most of the stuff on the NIK effects I can do with general PS stuff.

That's nice, but is it just me, or does the skin in #2 look more pale?

It is not paler, but it has less dark areas caused by the pores. The pores are "reduced" and displaying less dark areas, same is said for the beard whiskers, that are reduced in visibility. The skin's tonal colour is the exact same.

hmm I dl'd the trial and I'm not that impressed. there are a couple that are OK, but not spectacular. I dl'd the freebies for totally rad actions and I like those a lot so far.
Most of the stuff on the NIK effects I can do with general PS stuff.

Have any links for those totally rad actions? :D

Jerry your skin looks a little rubbery in that edit. As if it were a very realistic mask of yourself.

Jerry your skin looks a little rubbery in that edit. As if it were a very realistic mask of yourself.

Slight matter of opinion but I will also place a little additional blame on my newness with the program. Having the before and after there amplifies that effect. If you look at one at a time in full size on a calibrated 22" monitor, the effect is very pleasing.

This "effect" is something that is very similar to what I have seen in many portraiture magazines and in places like beauty boutiques and even places like the perfume shops in Sears, Walmart, etc...

Check it out and see for yourselves. :)

(I need more time with it to get it down a little better and more subtly. Not many models have pore issues like I do... lol)

Most reactions

Back