Is anyone else's head spinning?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Lyncca, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Lyncca

Lyncca TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    From all the technology? Mine (and my pocketbook) certainly are! I've been reading, and reading, and testing and learning and buying, and buying....

Now, I know I have only had my camera for less than a month now, but I am very impatient! I have purchased a couple of the more necessary filters (UV, warming, polorizer), a new lens (ouch), an extra battery, and books.

Now, I need a backpack to carry all this stuff, a tripod (ordered), and now I have started reading about all the different flashes. :lol:

I don't want to purchase too much without learning what I have, but on the other side, I don't feel I can really utilize what I have without the other stuff! I really think I am going to try to resist getting a flash for a little while and focus on outside scenic shots (where is that damn tripod?!) so I think I can do without for a little while. But, hmm, those wide-angle lenses sure look cool. SOMEONE TAKE MY CREDIT CARD AWAY!

I hope it all (the knowledge & equipment) start to all come together soon! :confused: Does anyone else feel this way?

2. Emerana

Emerana TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, I have a list a mile long. Although I would say get the speedlite next, it really is important...mine is off at canon being fixed :(

My next buy is the DXO program...it expired and i miss it tooooo much. Then some filters, a reflector that can fold up small. someday another lens. I have 3 that i am still playing with.

I just got a crumpler 7 million dollar home and I really like it

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I completely understand how you are feeling...the lure of new gear is very temping. However, new gear rarely improves our photography...practice, experience and knowledge will go a lot further to helping you improve.

I suggest keeping what you have (and what you have ordered) and stick with that for a while. Learn what you can and can't do with that equipment. When you truly come to a point where you know your gear is limiting you, then you can think about upgrading or getting something different.

4. Lyncca

Lyncca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm not really looking to replace anything, just add to it. So far, I like everything I have, but I am limited. For example, no waterfall shots (no tripod), no night shots (no tripod). No good model (people) shots (no speedflash).....

It will be nice when I am so good that I think that the equipment itself is limiting my talent. :lol:

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A tripod is a good idea...but really, all you need is something hold the camera so that you aren't. A beanbag, for example, will work.

Sometimes not having the right piece of equipment can lead to some great ingenuity and great photos.

6. Emerana

Emerana TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I still cant seem to get a super clear shot even with a tripod but its been cloudy and foggy since i got mine...

7. Lyncca

Lyncca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    True enough :wink:

I would like to add some warm weather and a few more daylight hours to my list of "wants" too, although, I surely don't have it as bad as most here in Texas -- but we also don't have any pretty snow to take pics of either. ;)

8. Emerana

Emerana TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I am really looking forward to the photo ops in spring and summer too! but, yeah, us texans shouldnt complain too much

9. Lyncca

Lyncca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yea, it will be our turn to whine when it has been 100°+ for months on end...

10. Emerana

Emerana TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    ugh dont remind me

11. Happy Hour

Happy Hour TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm the same way! I look at something and 10 minutes L8r i'm on line ordering it or running to the store to buy it. but I also agree with big mike I have more equipment than I know what to do with, Literally! I Have more than enough equipment, but yet I still want more 13 lenses but yet I have 2 more on my wish list!

12. Emerana

Emerana TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    it must be the way women do photography :)