is anyone here

cyberwasp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently joined this forium over week ago and posted a photo for C&C. I was just wondering if you have to be a paying member to have photo's reviewed as I didn't ee it in the rules.

No, you do not.

Nope, payment lets you have a few advantages over regular members but in no way ensures responses to posts - all of this is done on a totally volentary basis by members of the site.

You won't get any more views, comments posts or anything by paying for the site (though it stands that many long serving and popular members might pay for the site membership to help support the site they use).

If you want responses remember we have a very fast turnaround of threads (esp in teh beginners section) so sometimes you post will drop off the front page very fast. In the case that (after a few days or when its falling back to page 3) it is perfectly ok to post to your thread to give it a "bump" to get people to notice it again. Provided you don't bump abusively (eg bumping every hour or such) this is perfectly ok.

I was afraid to ask sooner as my intention was not to offend. I joined another site a few months ago and I found that this was the way they handled thing.

I will take you advice and post again in a few days. Thank you

You didn't post a photo, you posted a link. Many people, myself included, don't follow links in web forums... especailly from new members with low post counts... Too much risk of it being a spammer and picking up some sort of virus.

You'll get more feedback from posting a picture in your thread, and not a link to it.

Post the photo up, not a link.

Responses depend on the photo. I find that great photos and really bad photos get alot of responses, and those that have nothing really special dont get much useful critique. You might get a bunch of one line responses like "thats nice", but nothing really interesting IMO

Like I initially said, I have to be a member as it isn't possible for me to post a photo here that is why I chose the link. TY

You didn't post a photo, you posted a link. Many people, myself included, don't follow links in web forums... especailly from new members with low post counts... Too much risk of it being a spammer and picking up some sort of virus.

You'll get more feedback from posting a picture in your thread, and not a link to it.

Like I initially said, I have to be a member as it isn't possible for me to post a photo here that is why I chose the link. TY

You don't have to be a paying member to post a picture.

check out the thread on how to upload pics it is really easy.

There's a guide (with pictures) on how to post pictures if you're feelin' adventurous.

Yes, you have to be a member to upload a photo to this site as an attachment.

You can post any photo from other hosting services such as Imageshack, Photobucket, and Flickr, using direct image links provided by that host.

Being a member is the only prerequisite for posting photos. To attach them you need to be a supporting member (but only if you shell out some scrillions).

what they said.

oh, and don't monetarily support this site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back