Is bigger always better, is there a point where things just get silly???

I think thats the point where things just get silly. Was it really necessary to make it that wide? There are 400mm f/2.8s around that aren't that wide, to me that lens looks terrible. Now the sigmonster on the other hand is a beauty. It actually looks like a telephoto camera lens.

Yeah, They should paint it white. I will look more professional. :lol:

What on earth do you want something like that for??? I guess putting your camera on a telescope would be the ultimate tho...??

is my math a little fuzzy, or doesn't 70000 euros translate to about 140000$ US?

Actually 70,000 euros is closer to about $100,000-$120,000....so it's still within my price range.

:lol:

Ya I think it is in my price range as well if I budget it I should be able to pay it of by the time I am 145 years old or if I save with interest and a good rate of depreciation I should be able to pay cash by the time I am 72. :D

What on earth do you want something like that for??? I guess putting your camera on a telescope would be the ultimate tho...??

I've heard there are only a few of those around, Canon has 2 they loan out, Sport Illustrate has one maybe two for sports like olympic ski jumping

also that price is for used, Canon does not make the lens new anymore

Actually 70,000 euros is closer to about $100,000-$120,000....so it's still within my price range.

:lol:

thats 70,000 pounds not euros which is over $141,000:confused:

A hell of a lot of money for sure!
Motion picture lenses can and do run well over $100,000 but luckily camera houses buy them and rent them for a small fraction of the price!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back