Is Canon number #2?

What's up with this guy?

I am not against Canon at all, I simply think this clip is really funny LOL
Somebody is really trying to piss off the Canon people with this silly clip :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of the argument between shore anglers over here, Zziplex or Century?....

Ultimatley any of the big names produce really good quality cameras, and for most of us the biggest thing that will get in the way is skill level way before any of the technical stuff comes into play.

Fender or Gibson?

Martin or Taylor?

You could make great pictures with an old Pentax Spotmatic F is your heart is in it. Don't get caught up in the quality of the equipment over the value of the image.

What do you think about the Rockwell's article? He seems so adamant about Canon and Nikon cameras and lenses being high quality and the first to make technology in history. Where did he get those information? He doesn't have references to support his article. How accurate do Canon and Nikon history?

Last edited:
Rockwell is an expert at self promotion

He's a general photographer who posts articles that tend to cause sensation because they often go against the general flow of things. That said the sensation is that his articles are often aimed at newbies, but are often more full of opinion than fact and as such whilst not strictly incorrect, they are often highly biased. As such they are poor choices for newbies since they can't sift the fact from the opinion.

He does, however, have some worthwhile articles which makes his site a bit of a mish mash of good, opinion and outright fabrication.

His opinion also tends to cater well to the general happy snapper photographer, whilst often not being as "good" for more serious photographers.

In the end he's just another voice out there on the net - read his stuff and compare it to others and make your own mind up about things :)

We need to add a new "law" to the internet - once mentioned Ken Rockwell dominates photography threads - or something like that :p

Most reactions

Back