Is Canon soon coming out with a newer version of the REBEL XSi?

gatorcruz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thank you in advance for your response.

I was thinking of purchasing a Canox Rebel XSi but I want to make sure that there is not a better, newer, Rebel ready to be released into the market. i would hate to purchase the XSi now only to find out the new "XSj" 16.7MP will be released in a month :).

Thanks.

If I were you, I'd get that out of your mind. Get the XSi, it is more than capable, and there will always be something better. Happened to me with both my XTi and my 40D, but they still take great photos.

Derrick

nothing on the radar I think you are safe with the XSi ;)

things of the radar at the moment are rumours of a 1D somethingerother

really? a new 1d should push the MkII even lower....hmmmm....

It just came out a few months ago....It's be at least a year till they release a new rebel.

You'll never be able to get a new camera if you keep waiting for a "newer, better" model. Whatever they release now, the replacement has already been planned. Get it now and I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it.

Last edited:
they just replaced the xt, which was pretty old, my guess is they will replace the xti next, then xsi, not for some time though.

My xsi is in the mail!!

You'll never be able to get a new camera if you keep waiting for a "newer, better" model. Whatever they release now, the replacement has already been planned. Get it now and I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it.
your right about that. i always thought that the newer models are made only for their marketing way to indulge people to buy a new piece.

I bought my 30D and a couple of months later, out came the 40D. I still love my 30D and have no regrets. If I'd caved and run out and gotten the 40D, I'd be crying with the emergence of the 50D. When I buy the 50D, they'll come up with a 60D the following month. No sense waiting. The XSi is a great camera (I bought one for the office where we had to do some dedicated macro work).

Far more important would be the announcement of new lens technology.

The XSI is fairly new on the market, so it should be low on the replacement radar.

Go ahead, make the purchase.

I really cannot think of a feature that would improve the XSi measurably.

The marketing people think differently of course.

Another one? Common the only just retied the 350D. There's already 2 models on the market at the same time.

I like to stay a generation or two behind, that's why I just bought a 30D a couple months ago.

Why's everyone so fussed about the latest and greatest? If you're buying an XSi, I doubt you need the newest technology out there.

I bought my XTi and a few months later they released the XSi..I wish I would have known, but I certaintly don't regret my purchase ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back