Is everyone ready?

Hey guys!

I'm new here and so excited to get started.

Yesterday I just got my very digital camera, a D700 niko. It's awesome! I'm not really sure how to use it yet but it looks really cool. I read through the first chapter of the manual so I have it pretty much figured out now.

Also, now that I have it I'm having trouble coming up with a name for my new photography business now that I'm going pro, should I be original and add "photography" at the end of my name?

Also, anyone know any good photo editors? I need something easy to use and will do everything free. I heard about this thing called photoshop, but it's so expensive. My pictures just don't look the same as they do on my cellphone. I asked my friend about it, he also recommended photoshop. It looks hard to use but I was told that I can just get something called "actions" that will do everything for me and will automatically look amazing but I can't find the Amazing Action.

Please help!

:peacesign:

I read this out loud to my wife, and we were both almost on the floor by the time I was done.

I had a canon powershot for christmas, my family says that my snaps are awsome, can you give me advice about becoming a wedding photographer.
:lol:

I'm sorry sorry sorry... welcome all newbies, fire away and we will try to help :hug::

I'm sorry sorry sorry... welcome all newbies, fire away and we will try to help :hug::

To the noobs who do stroll across this.......if you're a Pink Floyd fan, think of this thread as our "Have a Cigar" moment.

All we ask is that you do a little leg work on your own & try to learn. If you get stuck, most of us here are more than willing to help.

LOL This should be titled thread of the year :D I remember those days, they were the most exciting days and boy oh boy did the questions fly.

Ah yes. The joy of "something new".

I guess once I get some real lights, it'll be like that for me again...
(I use mostly just natural light, the few lights I do have are pretty much crap.)

I think I'll have a head start though, since I've done a lot of reading on it, and a little playing around...I just don't have a ton of real world experience with off camera lighting.

I think I have the theory of it all down pretty good, just a little limited on the everyday application of it.

Alright...I got the Nikon lens on the Canon body,duct tape is a beautiful thing, and just set the depth of field between the two. I found an f-stop button, but I dont have an f-go button. I connected that filter wire thingy but Im sure I pulled my wire too tight, cause it bursted. I didnt want to press the shudder button. I have heard a lot about camera shake, and not sure if this should be touched.

oh....btw...to you newbies reading this...dont be like a pro, and take me serious. :lol::lmao::lol:
I will help anyone. Promise. :mrgreen:
I still have my sense of humour, cause I do this as a hobby, and can enjoy it. :lol::lmao:
ok.....watch the pros now....blah blah blah....:greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back