Status
Not open for further replies.

Actor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited by a moderator:
lol that was funny. i dont think film photography will ever be dead. i think if its used it will be for artistic purposes. imo. i myself would like to learn film photography and plan on buying a film camera sooner or later :)

Probably not. I remember reading something not too long ago about Polaroid bringing back the 600 series, after having canned it years ago.

I still see a brisk business in film developing at places like Costco, etc... when I'm there, which leads me to think it's still doing well, despite the digital revolution.

I shoot 95 percent film. I may be old schoold but this is what I do.

Michael

Cute little video.

As to film being dead or not, had gotten back into it myself. Living in a small town of 8,000 people. Our new Walgreen's has been doing a pretty fair amount of business with their 1-hour photo.

My first roll of film was processed on Order #xx8089 (last 4 digits of the 6) around the first of November. My last order number was #xx8819 just a few days ago. That's probably about 1500 orders in the month and a half time span. Bear in mind that it is the holiday season. And that those orders could be for a handful of prints, for single enlargments, etc. So it is not a good measure of film rolls processed; especially since prints from digital files are included in those. But our local Walmart has a lab as well, not to mention the kiosks that automatically print out your 4"x6"'s.

I'm not going to speculate that film is going to make a comeback with a booming digital camera market ongoing. And all digital cameras seem to retain their value very well for being an item in the electronics sector. So you'll have to continue speculating if film is dead or not.

Just noticed another Okie on this site. Wow!

Didn't see the clip, but film is classic and will not disappear. I'm actually intending on buying either 35mm or rather getting back into medium format. Its ironic b/c about 5 yrs ago I was looking towards digital and now I'm looking to supplement it with film :)

Plus I'm a bit irritated at how photography art form is devalued nowadays where many ppl just see it as snap, snap snap. Film I think will resurect the art, at least with photo freaks who I associated with :)

Our walmart doesn't have a lab. All film is sent out.

I do have a 35mm camera- but never use it. Nor, do I want to. Then again, I am just a Mom who like to take pictures of my kids. So I like to know if I have a good shot right away. I have one kid that blinks in almost ALL photos.

Will keep my DSLR for now but I'm glad I haven't sold my 35mm gear yet and I'm looking for an 8x10 camera right now.

From talking to a couple galleries recently collectors have a serious problem with digital prints and digital photography in general. For those who don't know, photography had a hell of a time getting accepted as an art worthy of collectors and museum for a long time. As it is, except for a rare few, photographers sell their work for a fraction of what painters get. I don't see digital helping the cause at all and that means that film will be wanted for a long time to come.

Film is often compared to vinyl records by people who think it is dead but the problem with that is the fact that vinyl sales are up... while CD sales are down. :lol:

By the way, today's vinyl albums are better quality than yesterday's. Maybe we will get better film in a few years, lol.

017_FlmisDead_2.jpg

full size

Our walmart doesn't have a lab. All film is sent out.

Our Wal mart is the same way. They tried telling me to go to right aid if I wanted my film done in house......Heh, my reply left a handful of people with some rather interesting looks on their faces. I was not about to do that.

Our Wal mart is the same way. They tried telling me to go to right aid if I wanted my film done in house......Heh, my reply left a handful of people with some rather interesting looks on their faces. I was not about to do that.
If you need a lab, I'd gladly recommend you mine.

If you need a lab, I'd gladly recommend you mine.

Do they process Negative Only?

I hope is not quiet dead yet... Just bought 35mm camera :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back