Is Heavy PhotoShop Legal here?

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by canonrebel, Apr 28, 2004.

1. canonrebel

canonrebel TPF Noob!

Is this much PhotoShop acceptable
    [​IMG]

The Rebel

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'd say that YES, why not?
    This is a beautiful smile which all in all makes a beautiful portrait photo, so why not add a couple of PS touches?
    If this were taken in a studio, the photographer would have had the freedom to use filters and such, too, wouldn't he/she? So there.
    Whether you do that beforehand, or in the darkroom, or digitally via PS doesn't really matter, does it?

3. canonrebel

canonrebel TPF Noob!

LaFoto,
    Thank you for your opinion. I agree with you that the end justifies the means, but there may be some photography purists on this photography forum that may lean more toward the notion that a heavy photoshopped photo might be better suited being displayed on a photoshop forum.

I'm wondering how many of us on this forum would share the same notions about the subject of photo editing as you and me.

I've actually done in-studio labor long ago using lights, light meters, reflectors, and props and a darkroom, but I tired of that kind of effort. It's much less complicated with photoshop; it's way less laborsome and time consuming with photoshop; and the results are just as flattering as can be achieved with a studio technique.

The Rebel

4. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  5. canonrebel

canonrebel TPF Noob!

Thank you Voodoocat

6. drdan

drdan TPF Noob!

Beautifully done picture, beautiful smile, beautiful girl.

7. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

I'm sure there are folks on here who don't consider heavily manipulated images as photographs. But whether you call it digital art, photography, or whatever, most of us still enjoy looking at quality images.

You might have trouble using heavily manipulated images as entries in the monthly contest, but for the viewing enjoyment of the forum, post away!!

Good job on this portrait, btw! :wink:

8. DKE Photography

DKE Photography TPF Noob!

As long as you get them to sign a release fourm do as you like. Ive had people HATE how they look in the pictures due to hair or the pose but they signed there rights to the image away so as long as I like it and think it says what I want the photograph to say then Im happy. I know it might be a little mean but hey, its your art. Not everyone is meant to understand it. Also I only use photoshop. I shoot eveything 35mm and then scan it with my negative scanner straight into photoshop. I say if it dosent look cheesy and fake its ok. Ive taken out moles, parts of bodys, light, fill cards all kinds of crap that I normaly would be worrie about geting in my shot but do to photoshop I just crop it out or healing brush it out. Its wonderful for getting the light extra close or getting the fill card even closer to your subject to get rid of the shadows. Take a look at my site its all photoshop. www.dkephotography.com
    Anywho... I like your picture. It looks fine to me. And like I said. As long as you like it. Thats all that matters.