Is it artistic or is it just offensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this thread is calling for a beer break. :D

We've gone from a photo of an arm with a swastika band around it to psychological evaluations and now to "I played basketball with black people".

:er:
Oh great, let's get the wacky poster drunk... that should improve his posts. :)

lol, but we'll ALL be drunk so it might make sense.

Edit:
Great, now it's made another turn for beer.

Why get worked up over an image?
Why don't you ask a Holocaust survivor or someone that lost their entire family during the Holocaust?

If someone calls me a prick in traffic, should I be offended and shout back at them?
This is why I asked, not so backhandedly, if you were a redneck. You just don't get it.

So, great artistic picture! :lol:

Man, we grew up with blacks in public school. We partied with them in secondary schools. We played basketball with them in the gym when we have nothing good to do. Who's got a chip on his/her shoulder? Obama and Michelle!!! If somebody gives you a slur, go to the police and settle them lawfully. I am sure the black cop would eagerly attend to you. Don't use it as an excuse to act capriciously or whimsically like the two most powerful persons in USA. Don't get me wrong,please. I amm half-black evangelical.

Your posts make about as much sense as your sig (which is very little).

Why don't you ask a Holocaust survivor or someone that lost their entire family during the Holocaust?

i would think something MOCKING the events of the holocaust would be offensive.
this image could certainly stir emotions. art can do that.

but those are 2 different things.

pump your brakes. your keyboard is moving faster than your ability to be objective.

pump your brakes. your keyboard is moving faster than your ability to be objective.

Although all people have the ability to be objective, most people do not use it.

This is why I asked, not so backhandedly, if you were a redneck. You just don't get it.
It's you who doesn't get it.

The armband in my picture killed no one. It's a symbol of a long ago defeated ideology that's very much a part of global history.

Do you froth at the mouth and stomp your feet when a WWII movie like Valkyrie comes out? Do you protest and claim "THIS IS OFFENSIVE AND YOU JUST DON'T GET IT YOU STOOPID REDNECK!!1!111!"?

:lol:

It's you who doesn't get it.

The armband in my picture killed no one. It's a symbol of a long ago defeated ideology that's very much a part of global history.

Do you froth at the mouth and stomp your feet when a WWII movie like Valkyrie comes out? Do you protest and claim "THIS IS OFFENSIVE AND YOU JUST DON'T GET IT YOU STOOPID REDNECK!!1!111!"?

:lol:

Again, it's not offensive to me. The fact is that you don't get the image COULD BE offensive to Jewish people. Just because YOU think that the symbol isn't offensive doesn't mean that is isn't.

Wasn't that your original question??? People like you are freaking ridiculous. Ask a question and if the answer isn't what you want, then you get all pissy.

Again, you just don't get it.

Although all people have the ability to be objective, most people do not use it.

I'm guessing you're talking about the OP because in his little corner of the world, the swastika isn't offensive to anyone at all.

Wasn't that your original question??? People like you are freaking ridiculous. Ask a question and if the answer isn't what you want, then you get all pissy.
Sorry junior, but that's not what happened here. You went off on some rip "not so backhandedly" calling me a redneck or implying that people from the south/midwest are ignorant. That's when this thread degraded, all because of your sophomoric posts.

I never denied the image might be offensive to some people. You might take a reading comprehension course along with some etiquette courses.

I am not offended by the image. I am sure someone may. Just like when Air Force one showed up in New York City for a photo shoot. I found it okay, but the people in New York City were panic. And many of those seek for professional help afterward.

Now, here is a question, what would you like to get from this thread? I am not trying to argue, please don't get me wrong. To create a thread like this, there must be an objective. I could be wrong, maybe you just really want to ask the 2 questions of "whether the image is artistic", and "whether the image is offensive".

I think the main objective of the OP's thread was to create a debate and get C&C for his picture, not people getting personal with stupid posts.

I think this thread has gone as far as it needs to. The OP should have enough material by now to answer his original question.

I think the main objective of the OP's thread was to create a debate and get C&C for his picture, not people getting personal with stupid posts.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back