is it hot anywhere else but here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by JonMikal, Jun 14, 2005.

1. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

this is getting ridiculous.....it's in the high nineties again today with 99% humidity. heat index they say around 112. i stepped out and the d70 housing started to feel gooey :confused:

2. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Tell me this, do you have a/c at your house? If the answer is yes I hate you :mrgreen: Here in New Hampshire the temps don't usually get high enough to warrant air conditioning but this past week was just awful. It's been raining, which in theory would make things cooler but it hasn't. I've heard it's supposed to cool down by the end of the week :cheer:

3. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's been hot all week here, but today, it's finally kinda cool. It's been sticky and in the 90's the rest of the week.

4. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Terrible humidity here, and we had to endure some of the tropical storm over the weekend. It's strange to feel the rain and how hot it can be....then within minutes the sun is shining and everything is steaming, so humid you can hardly draw a deep breath.... :sun: Very subtropical feel the last week or so.

I'm over it! :confused:

5. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

We had 3 90 deg days all of last year. We have had something like 7 or 8 before the summer has even started. Relief is supposed to be here by tommorrow. Just in time too. I have a wedding this weekend and have been enlisted to shoot it. Why have a wedding in the summer? All you do is dress-up to sweat. I had mine in the fall and it was perfect weather for the tux.

6. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

I'll work in Fahrenheit for you odd people.

Current Nearest Observations:
    cloudy 66°F
    W (14 mph)
    Relative Humidity (%): 42,
    Pressure (mB): 1010, Rising,
    Visibility: Very good

Observed: Tue 14/06/2005 at
    1500 (GMT)
    Distance from this location to the weather station: 4.7(km)

Been walking around ina t-shirt for the last week or two (it's been colder and a lot hotter, but always windy, English weather) and been nice and warm. Everyone else is complaining about the cold. *shrugs*

7. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I agree! I am excited for our wedding in October, should be cool and the colors will be right at peak. Shooting weddings in the summer is hard, everyone is sweaty and the ladies have to reapply their make up no less than six times :p

8. Aoide

Aoide TPF Noob!

Hmm.... let's see. Mid-90's all week. Humidity 53% currently and heat index over 100. But it is *always* like that here in June and it gets worse for July and August.

Of course I had to turn to the weather channel to get that information. Houstonians joke that we are the most air conditioned city. Allison, I can't even imagine being without air conditioning. Then again.... I would probably not do so well in the snow.

9. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit

My best friend had her wedding in October...it was perfect! I think it's a great month to have a wedding! A bunch of the pics were taken at a lake with trees all around it....it was warm, there was a light breeze..absolutely fantastic.

10. Daniel

Daniel TPF Noob!

Wish it would at least get somewhere near the 80s, but that ain't gonna happen on this godforsaken island. :grumpy:

55°F(13°C) Mostly Cloudy
    Rel. Humidity: 75%
    Wind: SW at 12 mph
    Sunrise: 4:56 AM
    Sunset: 9:55 PM
    Barometric Pressure: 26.1"Hg (F)

11. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

It's been nasty humid here and temps in 80's and 90's, storms all last week and into the first part of this one....tornadoes in surrounding counties last night, and yet still blazing...but I'm not complaining, my mom is headed to Thailand where temps are well into the 100's and insanely humid w/no air and dresses and pants to be worn!

12. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

Hang in there, Jon. You usually get our weather a day later, and they're predicting a high in the 70s for us on Wednesday, so you should get it by Thursday.