KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone else noted: a new page seems tp jump just as you click the mouse button so you wind up clicking on an advertisement, instead of where you intended to click?

I got to thinking it would be a great tactic to pump up the click through rate on the ads.

If the forum software has been set up to do just that, it's not a very ethical or honest business practice, IMO.

If some thing's broke it sure would be nice to get it fixed because it's pretty annoying. ;)

Never happens to me. Can you explain more, I don't get it.

I've never had a page appear/popup in the manner you describe and heck my popupblocker is off at present (has been for ages and Ive just not turned it back on). I have had it were a bar ad will sneak down the page in a ghost form - that is clicking activates the ad, but the image of the ad itself does not appear. However scrolling the window up to show the ad reverts the ghosting effect. I've not really noticed that its a TPF thing above any other site with an adbar and just assumed it was some quirk occuring.

What happens to me is, I go to Active Topics, it loads up and when I go to click on a thread, it jumps like something just loaded and caused the page to move to accommodate the space taken up by whatever loaded (a photo for example). When it jumps, you end up clicking something you didn't intend on clicking.

Most of the time it takes me to peoples profile pages. The work around it is waiting longer after a page loads.

Odd I don't get that occuring at all - the closest I get is opera reising the tab size when it fully loads a page if it happens to have a short title but the page itself remains unchanged (its only a pain when opening and closing tabs in quick sucession).

But the page moving around I've not come across - though I tend to surf newposts as opposed to active topics.

I use firefox, so no.

But considering what I know of the new owners, I wouldn't be surprised.

I've not had that here, but it happens to me all the time on one of the webcomics I frequent (Cyanide and Happiness). Drives me nuts!

(I use Opera, fwiw)

Thanks for the laugh KmH.

Conspiracy theory lovers I have a real one (or a dozen) to tell you about if you are interested.

Most reactions

Back