Is it possible to shoot a music video with digital NOT by dslr camera!!

No, I get what you're saying, but my point here is that how we plan projects has to take into consideration the equipment available to us.
That´s what I was trying to say too. Even if you don´t have all the equipment you need available - not doing it is an even worse option, than trying with what you have. I have often waited for new equipment, better weather, better locations, ... In the end I turned out not shooting the idea at all, which is kind of sad. Others have done it with what was available and some even made some serious money with it.

I´m totally with you that it is better to have all the equipment, staff, professional sound, light, actors, etc. But if all the award winning producers would have waited for that to happen, I guess we wouldn´t have a single film today.

I want to motivate people - start with what you have and give your best. If you have talent, work hard AND you are lucky, you may succeed. You won´t if you don´t try. Just like Walt Disney (probably) once said: "If you can dream it, you can do it."

No, I get what you're saying, but my point here is that how we plan projects has to take into consideration the equipment available to us.
That´s what I was trying to say too. Even if you don´t have all the equipment you need available - not doing it is an even worse option, than trying with what you have. I have often waited for new equipment, better weather, better locations, ... In the end I turned out not shooting the idea at all, which is kind of sad. Others have done it with what was available and some even made some serious money with it.

I´m totally with you that it is better to have all the equipment, staff, professional sound, light, actors, etc. But if all the award winning producers would have waited for that to happen, I guess we wouldn´t have a single film today.

I want to motivate people - start with what you have and give your best. If you have talent, work hard AND you are lucky, you may succeed. You won´t if you don´t try. Just like Walt Disney (probably) once said: "If you can dream it, you can do it."

I think you're really misunderstanding me here. I'm not saying that it's 'better to have all the equipment' but rather it's important to understand the limitations of your equipment. It is true that great work can be completed with limited gear, but *only* if you can appreciate, respect and even embrace the limitations of what you're working with. I'm not saying that someone shouldn't "try" on account of a lack of budget, but rather to take that into account when planning, and how best to approach what you want to say within that framework.

I just get a little tired of the idealistic "gear/budget doesn't matter" argument - it does but only when you don't understand the limits of what you have available. If you try to make a high-budget production with a shoestring, you will fail. But once you appreciate these limitations you can work out not only compromises, but also novel ideas that can work in your favor. A music video about telling the story of young love could be told in a number of different ways, for example. With a limited budget, it could be directed from the point of view of cell phone footage. But if you try to tell that story in a cinematic format using a cell phone, it'd come across as distracting.

Has anyone mentioned a digital video cam?

or for artistical purposes use an old black and white filmcamera.
What hardware, software would be needed to digitize this? Even scanning stills for a stop-action video would, I imagine, take quite a while with typical flatbed scanners.

Has anyone mentioned a digital video cam?

or for artistical purposes use an old black and white filmcamera.
What hardware, software would be needed to digitize this? Even scanning stills for a stop-action video would, I imagine, take quite a while with typical flatbed scanners.

LOL. Pretty sure s/he was talking about 8/16mm :)

I think so, roo. My question is still valid - equipment and time to digitize film movie, consumer kecel, I suspect.

Sent from my SM-G386T using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I think so, roo. My question is still valid - equipment and time to digitize film movie, consumer kecel, I suspect.

Sent from my SM-G386T using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Sorry, I didn´t see your post. I didn´t mean to convice Hani to do it on film. It just meant to say that there are no real limits. And yes, a digital video cam is another viable option. Hani had some other threads in which there was a discussion about cameras.

I think you're really misunderstanding me here. I'm not saying that it's 'better to have all the equipment' but rather it's important to understand the limitations of your equipment. It is true that great work can be completed with limited gear, but *only* if you can appreciate, respect and even embrace the limitations of what you're working with. I'm not saying that someone shouldn't "try" on account of a lack of budget, but rather to take that into account when planning, and how best to approach what you want to say within that framework.

I just get a little tired of the idealistic "gear/budget doesn't matter" argument - it does but only when you don't understand the limits of what you have available. If you try to make a high-budget production with a shoestring, you will fail. But once you appreciate these limitations you can work out not only compromises, but also novel ideas that can work in your favor. A music video about telling the story of young love could be told in a number of different ways, for example. With a limited budget, it could be directed from the point of view of cell phone footage. But if you try to tell that story in a cinematic format using a cell phone, it'd come across as distracting.

It seems we are talking in circles ;) . Perhaps because english is not my first language. I am actually pretty close to your opinion, but I do see that there are people that can sing like a big rock star. They can record decent audio, but they have no access to film and video and no money either. It seems Hani has the chance to send a video to a TV Station and they may publish that video. Maybe that is his great chance to become famous. Since his budget is very limited, his options are: do it with what you have, or leave it all together.

I myself am a tech junkie - I like cranes, steadicams, gimbals, drones, 100s of cameras, not to forget lights and whatnot. I know that budget matters. But if you don´t have a budget, and you don´t have anyone available who is at least a decent photographer, not talking about a filmmaker - you don´t even know what limitations your gear has. In this very situation, I´d still go with a goPro, iphone, any crappy camera, and create a video. It is about my only chance. Maybe it will work out, maybe not - but at least I tried.

photo 1x1.com wrote:-
but I do see that there are people that can sing like a big rock star. They can record decent audio, but they have no access to film and video and no money either.

Yes you are 100% right photo 1x1.com(TPF Supporter)
.The satellite tv channel has listened to my audio and they are very much impressed by my voice plus musical composition plus the lyrics and said they have never heard such a creative work ever before in all senses and if I record the video with just a guitar in hand with chroma behind (for their editing) they will telecast the same provided filmed on 1080p resolution and well audio synchronized.

At the end they also said the video can be recorded with their professional equipment but will charge a heavy amount.They suggested me just give a try to yourself with their requirement.

So you deserve the appreciation for your right and perfect assuming what was in my mind and how I can work on it without having great recording gears.At this stage I just have a digital camera fujifilm exr f660.

Thanks a lot for all those participated in this thread post because each reply has some important advises and suggested which will of course help me in the future once I am in demand and remain no more penniless.

Blessings to all.

Hani

Hi to all forum mates,

Is it possible to shoot a video song with a digital camera not by DSLR? I do not discuss here about the output image quality here just the possibility.

My shoot will not base on live recording but in the sense of playback which will later snych in the editing.

The camera of course has built in mic but not external with HDMI feature.

I guess the recording can be done but what basic techniques will be adapted to make all things run smoothly??

Love to all forum mates and lot of blessings will go for those who will give an appropriate answer with its possibility.

Hani

Well i been shooting music video's with models for years both with DSLR camera's and also
Sony XDCAM PXW-Z100 18.9 MP Ultra HD

If your doing it with a DSLR camera like a Nikon D7100 for instance and you do it in 1080 by 30 P you want to make sure your shutter speed is not more or less then double the then the frame rate, 30 p is basically 29.97 fps, if you shoot it at that, make sure you set your shutter to 60, no more or less unless your trying to slow down the frame rate later for slow motion..

You can make great quality video with that, and will be fairly easy to do, make sure you have on the fastest lens you got, unless your looking to do some zooming in and out during the video. most of the time when i shoot a video i use a tri-pod and pan it around that way, also be aware when you change focal length of the auto focus to adjust, make sure you have the focusing sent to Auto servo and not too many focal points set in other words i would use spot metering because if you have it set to like 9 to 20 points anything can catch the attention and cause the camera to focus on the wrong thing..

When i shoot my clips i use a tri-pod and i turn off my auto focus because any movement can cause the camera to try and re-adjust focus
when it done's need to and ruin your shot.
I manually focus using a DSLR camera for video, how ever when i use the Sony XDCAM PXW-Z100 18.9 MP Ultra HD, i leave it on auto focus
because that unit is flawless and doesn't re-adjust focus because some one was moving a bit while still standing in the same spot.
the focusing on that sony is amazing and is 100 times faster in focusing then any DSLR doing video.

And of course the quality is 100 times better then any DSLR even a any full frame camera out there.
yes it's 4k video too, and you can get great shots in the nite time too low light, it's awesome, and it has great audio controls on it too.

this camera automatically focuses on subjects moving in real time and will keep some one in focus while moving with out a hitch, All DSLR camera's will lose focus quite a bit and have to re-obtain it , it's a pain in the ass, i use manual focus 99.999% of the time with DSLR camera's..
and the best program to do music video's is Adobe Premier pro, this software is professional video editing software and is amazing and you can even do
special effects in it, and later if you go and get adobe after effects anything you do in after effects to create special effects, can be brought strait into
adobe premier pro with out a hitch..

Donny

Most reactions

New Topics

Back