Is it possible to take motion photos with a PS camera?

frequentvisitor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to take action/in-motion photos (for example: amusement park rides). I currently only have a point and shoot camera (Panasonic DCM-FX500) that does not have manual focus setting. Is it possible? A non-blurry picture of the object in-motion would be entirely (actually very) acceptable to me.

I've tried to take pics head-on, i.e. where the subject is moving towards me so I don't have to pan. (I'm very, very new at this; I've never got a good panning shot. When pan, my camera just doesn't focus at all).

I'm wondering if there some tips/tricks that I can try. (I'd like to work w/ my current camera.) Thanks!

Did you hold the shutter down half way to lock focus?

I've tried that, here's what I did: I locked the focus on something that's is about the same distance (e.g. rollercoaster's tracks, standing in front of the incoming train) and continue to hold the button half way until the subject (train) comes into view, then I push down to take the pic. I've got good pics from doing the above, but it is a special case where I can focus the camera on something before hand.

In other cases (when trying the above on the actual subject), the half-press focus doesn't seem to work (my camera either indicates that it can't focus or focus or focuses too slow).

Most reactions

Back