Is it snowing where you are?

These were taken 5 1/2 hours ago, and it has continued to snow heavily that whole time. The heavy snow makes these pics look 'grey', but anyone who is familiar with snowstorms will know that's how it looks when it snows so heavily that visibility is affected and you can't see very far

View from the front door
frontdoorlg5.jpg

A block away
ramplf8.jpg

treesnowgv3.jpg

Cool shots - GREAT colors.

I see where someone left their bicycle, here, it wouldn't still be there when they came back to get it.

Is it the law in Canada and certain states in the USA to have winter tyres? Here in Sweden it is manadatory between 1 Dec and 1 march and optional from 1 oct to 1 may. Down south they get away with studless winter tyres but up here almost everyone has winter tyres with studs in. The road outside my house is a complete ice rink right now, it's a T-junction and every year people skid past the turning or end up in the ditch as a result of the slippery conditions ... here's a quick pic I just took, this is the view from my living room window (looking left)
No law here. It is of my opinion that if you live in an area that gets a lot of snow or ice and you can't learn to drive in those conditions, stay the **** home or move.

Then again, it is of my opinion that about 90% of the drivers on the road should not be on the roads no matter what condition the roads are. 90% of the drivers on the road simply can't drive let alone drive in snow or ice.

I always wondered what would happen if I moved to California and it snowed half an inch causing all roads to be closed. What if I said, BS, and went out and got caught driving on the roads? Driving in 12 inches of snow is no problem, so why would I need to be forced to not drive in a mere half inch dusting?

I like!

Is it the law in Canada and certain states in the USA to have winter tyres? Here in Sweden it is manadatory between 1 Dec and 1 march and optional from 1 oct to 1 may. Down south they get away with studless winter tyres but up here almost everyone has winter tyres with studs in. The road outside my house is a complete ice rink right now, it's a T-junction and every year people skid past the turning or end up in the ditch as a result of the slippery conditions ... here's a quick pic I just took, this is the view from my living room window (looking left)
Not here. I use all-seasons on my RWD car all winter long. It's great fun :lol:

Just don't drive like a clot and it's fine.

I see where someone left their bicycle, here, it wouldn't still be there when they came back to get it.

Well, the bike is locked to a bike 'rack', so I'm sure the owner is hoping it's still there when s/he gets back!

Some people seem to leave their bikes out there all winter....so after a snowstorm you'll see several inches of snow piled on the seat.

It's sunny today, but bloody cold (-16C/3F). They're still calling for 2 more snowstorms before Christmas
Is it the law in Canada ... to have winter tyres?
I believe it's only the province of Quebec (one of the snowiest!) that requires winter tires. That law is new this year. And apparently there was quite a shortage of winter tires, both because of the new law and because of a fire at a tire factory, so people were stealing tires!!

Last edited:
Well, the bike is locked to a bike 'rack', so I'm sure the owner is hoping it's still there when s/he gets back!

Some people seem to leave their bikes out there all winter....so after a snowstorm you'll see several inches of snow piled on the seat.

It's sunny today, but bloody cold (-16C/3F). They're still calling for 2 more snowstorms before Christmas
I believe it's only the province of Quebec (one of the snowiest!) that requires winter tires. But the Atlantic provinces may require them as well...maybe Matt-L or someone will chime in

Just got in from shovelling the end of the driveway. The advantage of living in the corner of a big crescent, is the snow plow piles everything in our corner. That wind is crazy. :er: Tomorrow is a free day, Im hoping to get out and grab some pics.
BTW....Anty...that smilie is never going to finish that tree if she keeps taking the bulbs back off. :lol::lmao::lol:

Got about 3" from earlier this week. A few places got over a foot. Big storm coming in later today and our area can get up to about 16" they say. It was 19°F at 4:30 this morning and it's down to 15 now at 9:30. Suppose to storm for a couple of days... :(

Two days ago, it was 85 F! This is awesome Christmas weather at mid 70's!

RD

Plenty of snow here. I just finished shoveling the driveway again. I like to go shovel when there is somebody nearby having their driveway plowed or using their snow thrower. They always come by and finish the end of the driveway for me.

Ya, we have snow alright!! All within 48 hours, we got dumped on.. 25 1/2" last I measured in my back yard! Here is a quick snap shot outside my work today (ya, I am working.. ugg)

snow_08.jpg

Well it was clear here today but, it supposed to start again on Monday and, go through the week. But I didi get out this morning.
440084046_fLZvM-L.jpg

I live near Vancouver, BC. It is NEVER supposed to snow here. NEVER. We're the "rain city". We're the "warm city".

Ug. Snow for the last week and a half, and a high of -9C today. (I know, I know... all you Edmonton people are laughing at our wimpyness...) It's supposed to dump on us all night and for the next 3 days, and then snow for 3 days after that, but it's not supposed to stick.

And then of course, in my town half the people on the road are from other countries. Many of them own businesses in China and then live here, and so of course they have HUGE cars (we're very big on displaying wealth over here)... but they all bribed their driving instructors for their licenses... and they don't have a clue how to drive in dry weather, let alone icy conditions! I'm surprised that we even make it through with about the same population that we started with these winters. :er:

Joves, that photo is fantastic!

Here's a quick snapshot outside my door:

2008-12-20_Quick_Winter_Snapshot.jpg

Yeah, it's snowing alright.

I believe it's only the province of Quebec (one of the snowiest!) that requires winter tires.
Ah, yes, because Quebec is ...."special" :lol:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back