Is it still your work?

chdn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When you take a photo with a Digital camera, and then do loads of post processing in Photoshop?

For example, I took a blurry, not well lit photo. I imported it into photoshop, then applied gradient maps, color filters, and sharpening. now it looks glorious to me.

Of course it is! I'd even say even more so! The only thing is that it may be less a 'photography' feat, but more a digital manipulation...

When you take a photo with a Digital camera, and then do loads of post processing in Photoshop?

For example, I took a blurry, not well lit photo. I imported it into photoshop, then applied gradient maps, color filters, and sharpening. now it looks glorious to me.

I'm curious about it's glory, you should post it up!

Its never been work,its been a labor of love That I hope is perfected before I DIE,now I need to find my possesed camera hide the credit card and get to work :)

thanks for the replies, guys!

and haha, switch. ;)

Intellectual Property (IP) is property for which the owner has specific legal rights, just like your car, house and camera equipment. But IP is intangible; you cannot touch it. IP includes copyrights, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets. While similar, these types of IP have distinct differences. Patents are novel and non-ob*vious inventions that “do” something useful. Trademarks identify sources of prod*ucts. Trade secrets are confidential business items that are not easily obtained by someone outside your business; they usually give your business an advantage in the market. Copyright is a legal form of protection granted by the U.S. Con*stitution for original works that include literary, dramatic, musical, artistic and photographic works. Copyright gives the author or creator the exclusive “right” to “copy” the original work. Generally, photographers are most concerned with copyrights and, to a lesser extent, with trademarks. Copyrights do not extend to ideas, methods, procedures, concepts, principles, short names, titles, slogans, and works that have not been transformed into a tangible or form, such as a print or electronic file.

A good book to buy is the "Photographer's Legal Guide".

Any time you are creating art, no matter what the tools, it is your work. Now, whether photography purists will like it is another matter, but it's still yours! :) Actually I've been doing more processing on my photos lately as I've been learning Photoshop, and the amount of creativity you can use with the program is staggering.

I'm not joking, I really want to see it. :neutral:

Me too!

Of course it is! I'd even say even more so! The only thing is that it may be less a 'photography' feat, but more a digital manipulation...

Before digital manipulation there was darkroom manipulation, things have not changed as much as you might think.

Before digital manipulation there was darkroom manipulation, things have not changed as much as you might think.

Yeah, definitely! I've actually been working on darkroom special effects lately (really make me appreciate film photography! There are sooo many variables! And ways to irreparably screw things up...)

Most reactions

Back