Is it too much sunshine?

charlie88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please grade this picture, share any tips/advice/suggestions. No photoshop done yet.

MOM.jpg

I've moved this into the critique section, which is a better place to ask for input on your image.

I love the back lighting on the girl and the flowers...but I do think the sun is a little much. It just about hurts my eyes to look at it. (or maybe that's just my subconscious mind telling me not to look at the sun).

Try cropping it just below the sun...I think that would make it quite nice.

Wow, that must have hurt your eyes taking it!!

I think the sun is much too bright...it overpowers your subject. I agree with bigmike...either crop or try to perhaps darken?? up the sky a bit. I'm not sure what is more desireable without trying to ps it...

I think that the sun spot, along with the angled lines going toward the right, are just fighting to pull my attention away from the real subject in different directions.

Hope you don't mind the edit to show the directional thing I am talking about.
mom.jpg

I have not slept in 36 hours, so this might not make sense at all.

Actually, that edit puts it perfectly. The "triangle of interest" as I know it is above the subject, and so it takes forever to move your eye down to her. Were her head above the horizon, there would be less fighting to make her the subject.

There is too much other color around the girl, and she almost becomes negative space, in my mind.

The other thing I have some visual problem with is the placement of the girl. She falls out of the image, in my mind. I would move her more to the right and tighten her to the headstone (not a lot, though) and give her some space behind her, at least behind her head.

Well other then the sun being wayyyy to bright I actually like it in the photo. So my thought would be to darken the sun in PS and see what you come up with.

I really like the sun in this photo but Im a big fan of backlit stuff and stuff with the sun in the picture

When I see a picture I think to myself, what am I looking at. At first glance I saw, the sun, horizon, building in the background, tree and ooo ya a girl next to a grave. I looked straight past her to the background. The subject is too weak, just my 2 cents worth.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back