Is mirrorless for me?

Do the newer fujis have better video? My XE-1 has a video mode, but that's about it. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of proper exposure control in video mode - maybe I'm missing something without X-glass?

My only complaint is that most mirrorless cameras do not have dual memory card slots. This causes me to pull my card very often to mitigate the damage caused by a failure, which I have yet to experience.

All of this is my two cents, but I own every brand of the top mirrorless cameras along with their entry level cameras and their flagships.
Mirroless in a nutshell: Upside: Lighter, smaller, easier to carry. Downside: smaller sensor so not as good in low light, AF is not as good for action shots, lens selection will be limited and usually more expensive, same with many accessories such as external flash

So if the downsides are not a big deal to you, then yes, mirrorless might be a good choice for you. If not, DSLR. Honestly if you want my recommendation, I'd go DSLR. If your new to photography it will allow you to keep your options open. I'd tend to recommend mirrorless more for folks that already have a good handle on what they need for equipment - the reason being that your not just buying a camera so much as investing in a system.

Just my 2 cents worth of course, YMMV

mirrorless options can be a good choice
(dual slot cards not withstanding)

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

The XP2 has dual slots.

It does, but I think a full evf is hands down, better, than the optical hybrid.
It is a full EVF. One has the option of shooting with either a 'full' Electronic Viewfinder or with a hybrid Optical Viewfinder. A simple flick of a lever will switch between focusing systems.

Most reactions

Back