darich

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.darich.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi
hopefully someone will be able to help me on this but I have my doubts unfortunately.
My Nikon Coolpix 885 camera has performed excellently for around 3years...the image cound is at around 4250 so not an excessive amount of images. But the other day the colours went weird. It's as though the yellow has been almost removed completely and the alignment of the colours is a bit off almost like a 3d image with the red and blue.
I've tried taking the batteries out overnight to see if wiping the memory would make any difference but it hasn't. It's the same CF card in the camera that's always been used (Danelec 256mb) and I've tried a brand new card too (SanDisk Ultra II 1GB) with the same result.
It's only me that uses the camera nad it's not been dropped or abused.

I have a few images for examples but I'm not allowed to post them here - cos I'm a newbie perhaps??

any info would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
thanks
David

I think i've sussed linking my images...hopefully this works

images

Yellow pages should be yellow with black text...one shot shows a cushion in the background....that should be deep red

any ideas anyone???

I ditched snapfish and used villagephotos instead.....seems to have worked a treat

DSCN4294.jpg

DSCN4295.jpg

the camera used flash in all the images and there is no camera shake despite what the images show

Any thoughts?

Unimaxium
Thanks for checking this out....it looks like you and i were both here at the same time..i updated the images and got them to work then found you had said you couldn't see them.

they're working now though
David

I'd guess that the problem is one of two things:

1) There's a light leak somewhere between the lens and the CCD sensor.
2) The CCD has "gone funny"

Try changing the lens, or making sure it's securely mounted. Otherwise, it doesn't look terribly promising.

Rob

it's a compact camera and has no lens that i can change. The camera hasn't been dropped or mistreated as I'm the only one who uses it.
As for the CCD going funny......all the pixels work...it's as though one of the colours has been partially removed or something.

I've also updated the firmware from the Nikon website but it made no difference.

I'm waiting for a response from Nikon...so hopefully they'll give me some good news.
Fingers crossed!

Is there a full reset function on your camera?

Is there a feature for pastel looking colour? I've only seen this feature on camcorders, but these look like they that.

Did you lend your camera to anyone? Not trying to get someone else in trouble, but you can never be sure how your equipment is treated when you leave it with someone else. Maybe an accident occured and it took a bit to take full effect.

Are any of the pins broken in the CF card housing?

If you shake it, do you hear anything rattling around inside?

It could be anything. I've never seen that happen before. I'm interested to hear what it turns out to be.

Rogue Monk...I'll take each point in turn -
There is a full reset....I've just tried that and there seems to be improvement but not 100%.
DSCN0010.jpg

There is no feature for pastel or altering colours other than b&w.
The camera has always been in my possession - I'm the only one who uses it and it hasn't been dropped or misused in any way.
No pins are broken and the card slots in and out the way it always has from the day i bought the camera.
Shaking the camera makes no sound so nothing rattling about inside.

Unfortunately it's only a 3mp camera so no repair job will be economical and since I'm no expert on digital camera repairs it's looking more likely it'll end up in the bin with no answer to what went wrong. Disappointing because the image cound in about 3years is only around 4300.

Here's a shot taken with my digital rebel to show what the yellow pages should look like
IMG_5371.jpg

Most reactions

Back