Is my d600 dead?

by the way, the battery is used for other cameras.
So If you know anyone with a
d7x00, d6x0, d750, d8x0 camera
then go use their charger.

by the way, the battery is used for other cameras.
So If you know anyone with a
d7x00, d6x0, d750, d8x0 camera
then go use their charger.

Or just take your camera to their place and ask to try their (known) good battery in your camera for 2 seconds.

Why is this thread still a thing?

"Is my camera dead? The battery is at 0% and I don't have a charger."

Is my car broken? It ran out of gas.
Is my laptop broken? I used it for 10 hours and now it won't turn on. I left the charger at home.
Has this wine gone bad? Nothing is coming out of the bottle.

This thread is a serious one, right? No one is pulling anyone's chain here?

Why is this thread still a thing?

"Is my camera dead? The battery is at 0% and I don't have a charger."

Is my car broken? It ran out of gas.
Is my laptop broken? I used it for 10 hours and now it won't turn on. I left the charger at home.
Has this wine gone bad? Nothing is coming out of the bottle.

This thread is a serious one, right? No one is pulling anyone's chain here?

I thought that it may have been a wind-up at one point!

Pages 8 and 28 of the D600 manual explain that the viewfinder will dim and the camera will operate in a very limited function when battery is exhausted.

I thought I had explained in the original post that I have never used nikon before and was told by a regular nikon user that when the battery is dead it does not behave like this, which was why I wanted to ask on here if that information was right. But anyway.... I finally managed to find a working charger and the camera is indeed working now that the battery is charged, not sure how my friend had such bad information...

BUT... The problem now is the condition of the photos..... I guess the sensor is completely f***ed... Not just spots but huge smudges on the left side.... I took this photo of a clean white sheet of paper at f16, tried 2 different lenses and is exactly the same. Any suggestions what I should do? Is it cleanable or even if it is, is this a sign that it might have the sensor oil issues that I have heard d600s have.

Please, does anyone have any advice for me? This is an absolute nightmare... :(

FB_DSC_6444.jpg

Yep. You got yerself a dirty sensor. Cleaning is easy-peasy.

As for exposure, every meter in the world will want to turn a white sheet of paper gray.

So you are taking a picture of a white sheet of paper in which is completely underexposed at f/16. Most DSLRs will look like this.

I know that it is underexposed but I posted this one because it made the dust and dirt on the left side more obvious to see, although they are still obvious even when taking a normal photo of a normal scene at a normal exposure. I already tried rocket blowing it and the built in sensor cleaner but didn't seem to help much.

Does anyone know how long Nikon would usually take to repair something? Like a matter of days or more like months? Because I once waited 2 months to have a cellphone repaired...

Does anyone know how long Nikon would usually take to repair something? Like a matter of days or more like months? Because I once waited 2 months to have a cellphone repaired...

Just buy a proper cleaning kit and clean it yourself. Takes all of 2-3 minutes.

clean it yourself, or send it to Nikon, and get it back about 8-9 days later cleaned with a new shutter and one step closer to getting a brand new in box D610 if it starts doing that again.

click the link in here, fill out the info it needs and print out a free shipping label:

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Service-...ers-of-the-Nikon-D600-Digital-SLR-Camera.html

Yeah think I will have to try that, only thing is I live in Germany so I hope they have the same deal here...

Should, but might want to get in touch with the eu nikon first.

using tapatalk.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back