Is Nikon D3200 good for a beginner??

Souradeep Basu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a beginner in SLRs.
I am planning to buy a D32oo. Will it be good enough?? And is it upgradable?
please help me. Its an urgent need.

Good enough for what? For whom? I think you would be pleased with the image quality and capabilities of this camera, and it is perfectly suited to a beginner who wishes to pursue the hobby.

As for being upgradable, the body, per se, is not "upgradeable", however getting other lenses will yield the biggest upgrade possible.

I have a D3100 and as a recreational photographer it has proven to be a great camera at a very reasonable price. It came as a kit with a 18-55 lens. I've added 35mm and 55-300 lenses. With these three I feel there is very little I can't photograph effectively for total out of pocket cost of around $1000.

I find the 3200 to work well with starting out.
My plan is to work on my photography skills with the 3200, then upgrade to the 7100 later.
however that also works with my budget better. If I could have, I would have just went straight to the 7100.

Yeah, it's a fine little camera. You might not ever need to upgrade it. Eventually it will probably break, if you drop it enough times. As one does, over the years.

Any lenses or other accessories you buy will be usable on any other modern Nikon camera. The image quality of the D3200 body is good enough for most purposes.

Have 3 friends all new to photography and all three bought the D3200 for their first DSLR, from playing with it just a bit I can say its a good camera.
Good for a beginner and even more.

I have a D3200 I'm selling if your interested. I like the camera but I just purchased the D7100. The D3200 is in great shape and I keep things nice and do not beat them up. Let me know if your interested.

I was also new to photography world and bought myself a D3200 last year. I'm finding it a great camera so far, being someone who had never owned a DSLR. Haven't bought any extra lenses yet, but I'm pleased to learn and explore the different results given by the different focal lenghts in the zoom kit (what is nicer and more appropriate depending on the subject/situation). It's a solid and reliable camera, with great image quality even at reasonably higher sensibilities.

Good luck!

RickyPao

if this is not enough for you buy full frame camera . d3200 with only 18-55 kitlens

Just cause Nikon keeps releasing a new DSLR every year doesn't make the old ones crap. The D3200 is a top notch beginner DSLR. It's a hell of a deal imo.

I'd prefer a D5x00 anytime - with x being 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 - because of the flipscreen. I love flipscreens !

Otherwise sure, go ahead.

Most reactions

Back