IS on Canon Lens

With the kit lens the pictures aren't as sharp as I wanted and based on other threads I've asked about the lens for portraits... the 50mm was recommended and I really wanted to give it a shot. It will be a long time before I can buy again.

IMO I would get the Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

You have both world. The wide angle and the telefoto zoom. Unless you're trying to get into portrait work only. But looking at your wish list, I think it's a better spend. You can find that lens lot cheaper on Amazon than Canon's listed price. The reviews are very good for it.

With the kit lens the pictures aren't as sharp as I wanted and based on other threads I've asked about the lens for portraits... the 50mm was recommended and I really wanted to give it a shot. It will be a long time before I can buy again.

If you are not happy with the quality of the kit lens, I don't think that you will be happy with the 50-250 zoom... it just isn't that good a lens..

Why not get the fantastic Canon 28-135 IS lens. The glass is close to the top quality L glass, and with a crop body reaches out to the 200mm equivelent.. It's not too long indoors and falls right in to portrait length...

Depends on what you like to shoot... with bird shooters, you can't ever get too long, while landscape photographers stay at the wide end...

My advice on the 50mm.... it's OK at 1.8, but if you're going to get a primary length lens (that every zoom covers), then you should get it for a good reason, and that reason is for light gathering when needed.... go for the 1.4, nothing can take it's place when you need it..:D

Most reactions

Back