Is photoshop 7 the way to go.

I am amazed at the frequency with which I see people admit to using only a small portion of a $600 program like Photoshop. Why? Some people have just too much money. And here I sit, so poor. Life just isn't fair. :)

probe1957 said:
I am amazed at the frequency with which I see people admit to using only a small portion of a $600 program like Photoshop.

Well, it is a very powerful tool, and is used for not just photography, but graphic design as well. So, there are some things I'm just not going to use PS for because I am solely a photographer, not a graphic designer :)

probe1957 said:
I am amazed at the frequency with which I see people admit to using only a small portion of a $600 program like Photoshop. Why? Some people have just too much money. And here I sit, so poor. Life just isn't fair. :)
Yes, That is why you sit so poor, NOT downloading it for free off some P2P engine, right? :D

Well, it is a very powerful tool, and is used for not just photography, but graphic design as well. So, there are some things I'm just not going to use PS for because I am solely a photographer, not a graphic designer :)

Same with me. I am solely a film photographer. I have asked Santa for a film scanner for Christmas. Since I have been such a good boy this year, I have no doubt he will come through for me. Which puts me in the market for manipulation software.

I have pretty much ruled out Photoshop CS because of the price and because people say they use so little of it for photography. I have about decided on Photoshop Elements over Paint Shop Pro because of the number of books on the program that appear to be available for PSE vs PSP. I learn by reading, at least to what degree I am capable of learning. :)

Thanks for all the info everyone. So if I understand, PS elements is a lite version on PS. As far as digital photograph manipulation what is it missing?

probe1957 said:

Like I said, for people who can't afford it, photoshop 7 is available from a discount online retailer like suprnova.org for $0 and 0 cents. Naturally if you make any reasonable amount of money you could consider buying it, but if you absolutely cannot afford it and could not buy it, well, piracy isn't stealing anybody's profit now, is it.

Yeah, but you can't ever be sure someone hasn't tampered with it and put in spyware, adware, or some other little nasty.

Oh please, Just install norton antivirus and you're gonna be ok....

Spyware... pfft! :roll:
----------------------------------
Click here for penis enlargment
New goatsex pictures
Learn to spy on your boyfriend's email

We've had to reload ocmputers at work because of adware/spyware/stupid "toolbars" and other junk that install themselves without your knowing it.

Most reactions

Back