Is she a bit over exposed or what?

BadRotation

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I think the meter on my 20D may be a bit off. This was taken with the meter right on '0' (the middle), and it seems to be a bit over exposed.

What do you guys think?

BTW, it was taken while it was raining out. I actually got the curage to take the 20D into the rain, even though it is not weatherproof.

img1471large7kw.jpg

Oh, and on a side note, this is that white blob in the background on her right side... (the goose was apparently taking a nap while keeping her eggs warm since it is only in the 40's today. I have been keeping an eye on the goose over the past two weeks.)

img1469medium0qu.jpg

Yes it is overexposed, but, what metering mode were you in? If you were in center weighted average, what were you metering? What mode were you in? Did you have any EV compensation on? The meter might be off a bit. Your options are to return it to Canon for servicing, or just correct your exposures by underexposing on purpose, or
shoot in raw and fix them in post, assuming they are not that far off, which this is not.

seems to be a bit overexposed but I don't know why :)

i have this problem too with my 20d, photos seem over exposed when sent to dead centre. Ive started doing what Digital matt says do, and under exposing it slightly.

And about taking the 20d in rain, i got caught in bad rain tday with my camera, it got soaked. It was really sunny until i got my camera out then it started to piss down, as soon as i got back to the car and put it away, the sun came out, typical

Digital Matt said:
Yes it is overexposed, but, what metering mode were you in? If you were in center weighted average, what were you metering? What mode were you in? Did you have any EV compensation on? The meter might be off a bit. Your options are to return it to Canon for servicing, or just correct your exposures by underexposing on purpose, or
shoot in raw and fix them in post, assuming they are not that far off, which this is not.

Its set on evalulative metering. No compensation (all though I did accidently set EC on later in the day and didnt notice it for a while :lmao: )

My buddies 20D does the same thing.

Evaluative metering looks at the whole scene, an as the background is quite dark it's factored in that.

If you want to just calculate off the circle in the middle (the region is a bit larger than that in reality) then you need to use partial which only uses the central area to calculate the exposure

Most reactions

Back