Rod-UK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is an ornamental bush called 'BERBERIS thunbergii'
Is rather spitefull if you are unwise enough to brush against it,
note the thorns.

Is the depth of field OK on this one ? and/or any other comments are welcome

Berberis.jpg

The DOF is nice, but it seems that you sharpened it in PS, if yo did, do it again less strong.
The problem with this picture is the three different backgrounds, it is too distracting. Try to take different shots, turning around the plant to use see if the background is better.
The direct sunlight works well with the color of the leaves.

the DOF is acceptable, but i agree with sergiozal about the background too distracting, perhaps a leafy background would look good.

I'm with Sergiozal, DOF is nice, but the whole background is distracting. could you paste it smaller??

This DOF looks somehow fake to me, but maybe it's because of terrible JPEG compression of your file. I mean, 64Kbytes is too smal file for an 1008x1280px pic!

Try this: revert to the original pic, then shrink it to, for example, 50% of the size shown here (50% of each dimension), but increase it's Kb size, and post again.

I agree with KizaHood, it's hard to comment on the DOF when it's at a such a high compression. But I love the colours.

I'll have a go, and re-post soon

KizaHood said:
This DOF looks somehow fake to me, but maybe it's because of terrible JPEG compression of your file. I mean, 64Kbytes is too smal file for an 1008x1280px pic!

Try this: revert to the original pic, then shrink it to, for example, 50% of the size shown here (50% of each dimension), but increase it's Kb size, and post again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back