Is the edition of the eyes too much?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry to be invading the area of the pros when this is a photo I took of a friend's baby just for fun. I worked on the eyes, like I see so many of you do, and am now a bit worried if they might be overdone. And I feel HERE is where the experts on portrait photography are!

What do you say?

claraeditedunedited.jpg

It is a screenshot of my PS opened and the unedited on the right and the edited version on the left.

I think you did a very nice job. However, it might be worth using the dodge tool just a touch to brighten the eyes up a bit. Just a couple of passes at 10-15% opacity should do it. Not too much.

Also, one eye is a bit soft, while the other one is in focus really well. I would sharpen them just a tad by making a selection around each iris and using unsharp mask at maybe 75%, maybe a little less or more. Just my opinion.

Beautiful eyes.

I like the eyes but maybe on my monitor only it looks a bit more red to his skintone now. Of course you are asking for expert opinion, that I am not but I think this shot is so cute - look at that hair!

It's subtle. The only way one would know it was played with is if you show the original.

It's a great improvement over the original. I wish I knew how to sharpen, might save a few of mine.

BTW LaFoto, if my calculations are correct, you are my 200th post. Does this mean I get an elephant stamp?

Also, BTW, I loved what you did with your hair, or was it your right ear, in the "Post a Photo of Yourself" thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back