Is there a site where I can use stock photos so I can practice photo editing

Scarlet Siren

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction a site that supplies a general pool of photos and allows them to be edited for the purposes of practicing.

I have intention to publish them or cite them as my own. I just don't have very many photos of my own at the moment to work with and I'm hoping to practice editing to become better so I can develop my own style in due course.

I use netcarshow to practice my photoshop lowering and such on their stock pictures.

How will you handle copyright issues?

On Flickr, users can decide the licensing restrictions on their photos, and many choose to make them freely available for personal (and sometimes even professional) use. I'd surf around there and check out some of the more loosely licensed stuff to work on. I bet there's even a group for people to submit photos that they want edited. (And if there's not, you could start one!)

People post enough crap on here that you can edit to your hearts content.

(if you need a start, click on my name and look at "all threads started")

p!nK

How will you handle copyright issues?

That's the thing, I'm looking for photos which allow me to edit them/where permission is granted :) I don't want to piss anyone off.

p!nK

LOL! Good point! :D Thanks everyone :)

p!nK

That still doesn't solve any copyright issues. Editing them for practice is one thing......... publishing the end results and claiming it as your own is a disaster waiting to happen.

Honestly if you DONT repost them... i don't see the problem in taking anyones pic. Thats just me though....

p!nK

That still doesn't solve any copyright issues. Editing them for practice is one thing......... publishing the end results and claiming it as your own is a disaster waiting to happen.

I am assuming he meant to type that he has NO intention of publishing them or citing them as his own.

p!nK

Yeah I think you can grab whatever, you're talking about something nobody could possibly ever know about because you will never publish it. Personally I'd just push yourself to go out and take more photos, but if editing is more important to you then your way works.

you need to get out more and take more photos

Most reactions

New Topics

Back