Is there another Photography forum? This one doesn't make sense anymore!

Where do I file my complaints regarding the free forum that I voluntarily signed up for and have no obligations to stay or participate?
Well, while the forum is indeed free, it relies on traffic for ad revenue. That traffic is generated both by us (the contributing members) and by the "guests" who come to this site to view the content we create. Therefore it is still in the site owners best interest to ensure that the forum is enjoyable to use by those who do use it, so we'll continue to use it, even if we aren't paying for it directly. ;)

Put a cork in it hippy!

To be fair:

Considering that all of US are in it…this forum has really NEVER made a lot of sense.

But it CAN be a lot of fun, and educational too. I'd highly recommend sticking around and just learning to do things the way the wardens want us to.
So you don't end up in solitary confinement. Or down in the dungeon with Mish.

Oh wait, that last one isn't really a good incentive to OBEY the rules.

Where do I file my complaints regarding the free forum that I voluntarily signed up for and have no obligations to stay or participate?
Where do I file my complaint for people with annoying avatars ?

Go to the windows at the Complaint Dept.:

Inspectorschicken.gif

Personally, I think if I were going to look for another forum, I'd look for one without a "leaderboard", 'cause that seems to have jumped the shark pretty hard.

Leaderboard is just a bit of fun - I mean if you're the kind of person obsessed with post counts maybe its not for you but eh most of the time its not really that much to worry about (I mean we could get rid of it but then we'd hvae to fill that space probably with more ads ;P )

I'm up for parole from this photo forum prison in 2015. A leaderboard...a different layout?! Its inhumane if you ask me. For now I'll be sharpening a monopod into a shank

I don't understand why someone would consider leaving a forum because the format of the site changed. When I join and participate in a forum it is because it has content that is useful to me/I enjoy and because I like the people on the forum and how they interact with each other. Of the few times I have left forums 95% of the time it has been because of the people on the forum being extremely rude and belittling other members.

I think we're just having a bit of fun with the leaderboard this month, because let's face it, it's silly. But just because knowing who has the most posts is pointless doesn't mean we can't have fun with it.
Also: Until the Leaderboard thread happened, I had NO IDEA what "jumping the shark" even meant, or that it was a Thing. So, see, the Leaderboard thread has provided me with useful information. Sort of.

Although I still don't know where the term comes from.

I think we're just having a bit of fun with the leaderboard this month, because let's face it, it's silly. But just because knowing who has the most posts is pointless doesn't mean we can't have fun with it.
Also: Until the Leaderboard thread happened, I had NO IDEA what "jumping the shark" even meant, or that it was a Thing. So, see, the Leaderboard thread has provided me with useful information. Sort of.

That term is from an episode of happy days where the Fonz literally jumps a shark, I think on waterskis.

A show that ran out of ideas:

The shear stupidity of this episode pretty much spelled the end for "Happy Days"
That term is from an episode of happy days where the Fonz literally jumps a shark, I think on waterskis.

Most reactions

Back