Is there any adapter Canon lens to Nikon body?

BagrovMichael

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have Nikon D7000 and I'd like to use Canon Lens. Is there any adapther to do it?
PS.
I'm sorry for my English, English is not my native language.

No.
Canon lenses have to sit closer to the sensor than Nikon ones. So it's impossible to make an adapter that will focus to infinity without an optical element, which will degrade the image quality...

For close up/macro it's not difficult to arrange a mount for the lenses (the extra distance behind the lens makes them focus closer) but aperture control of EF series lenses would still be troublesome.

The idea seems almost like heresy anyway :)

Dumb adapters to mount Nikon lenses on Canon cameras are relatively simple, though control of electronic aperture & autofocus would be a difficult to arrange.

No.
Canon lenses have to sit closer to the sensor than Nikon ones. So it's impossible to make an adapter that will focus to infinity without an optical element, which will degrade the image quality...

For close up/macro it's not difficult to arrange a mount for the lenses (the extra distance behind the lens makes them focus closer) but aperture control of EF series lenses would still be troublesome.

Dumb adapters to mount Nikon lenses on Canon cameras are relatively simple, though control of electronic aperture & autofocus would be a difficult to arrange.
Thanks a lot!
I thought a lot about Canon, but I have a lot of Nikon equipment... :(
Hmm... If I will use Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART Nikon F on Canon 5Dsr, will I take hight quelity of image like Sigma 50 F1.4 ART Canon (40 MPix)?
PS.
Sorry if there are mistakes on post above:)

If I will use Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART Nikon F on Canon 5Dsr, will I take hight quelity of image like Sigma 50 F1.4 ART Canon (40 MPix)?
In theory, using the same lens you would get the same quality, but with an adapter, things could change.

If this is simply a thought exercise, you have done it, but I certainly would not spend real money trying to adapt one make of lens to another body. It seems rather pointless, as each system is designed to work with its own product.

No.

Thanks a lot!
Hmm... If I will use Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART Nikon F on Canon 5Dsr, will I take hight quelity of image like Sigma 50 F1.4 ART Canon (40 MPix)?
PS.
Sigma Art lenses do not have aperture rings. A Nikon version would be a waste on Canon camera. Old Nikon manual focus and AF or AF-D lenses will work well on an adapter on Canon body.

If I will use Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART Nikon F on Canon 5Dsr, will I take hight quelity of image like Sigma 50 F1.4 ART Canon (40 MPix)?
In theory, using the same lens you would get the same quality, but with an adapter, things could change.

If this is simply a thought exercise, you have done it, but I certainly would not spend real money trying to adapt one make of lens to another body. It seems rather pointless, as each system is designed to work with its own product.
Thank you very much!
Well... I will buy Sigma 50 mm and 20 mm for Nikon. I found the information on the dxomark and Sigma seems like the better on Nikon system than Canon.

No.

Thanks a lot!
PS.
Sigma Art lenses do not have aperture rings. A Nikon version would be a waste on Canon camera. Old Nikon manual focus and AF or AF-D lenses will work well on an adapter on Canon body.
Thank you!
Of course I undertand there is some problem to work lens for Nikon on Canon body.
I will buy Sigma for Nikon :)

I know that Nikon lenses are working on Canon but unfortunately not other way around. The Canon lenses are supposed to be closer to the sensor, and putting an adapter on a Nikon body acts as an extension ring which means you can’t focus at infinity. The only way you could make an adapter would have to be using some glass elements to compensate for this, but that would reduce the image quality. So I would not recommend that.
And Sigma is a great idea!
Thanks!
I agree with you. Sigma is the the best.
I like Nikon and I will buy lens for Nikon.
I woud like to use Sony A7R2 as well and I know I can use Nikon lens on this system:)

I woud like to use Sony A7R2 as well and I know I can use Nikon lens on this system:)

You can get adapters to use Nikon lenses on the A7. They don't support electrical comms though so no AF & aperture control would be only via the lenses aperture ring (if any). No problem at all for older Nikon lenses.

Most reactions

Back