IS THERE ANY DRAG RACING PHOTOGRAPHERS ON HERE?????

nitrocole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
JUST WONDERING IF THERES ANY DRAG RACING PHOTOGRAPHERS ON HERE... I COULD USE A FEW TIPS IVE ONLY BEEN SHOOTING FOR ABOUT A YEAR.

haha sorry keyboard was messed up

so keith are you a drag racing photographer

I mostly shoot soccer now. When I was young and fancy free I lived in a volkswagen camper van and followed open wheel racing (midgets, sprints, champ cars, indy cars) nationally.

I'll be gone the rest of the afternoon but will revisit the forums tonight or in the morning. There are others on TPF that have shot drag racing.

One of the reasons you may not be getting any replies is..... you haven't yet asked any questions about the kind of tips you're seeking.

Photography is pretty much the same no matter what genre you are shooting so having a good understanding of how your equipment works is a key to solving problems.

What is it you're having problems with?

Last edited:
thanks keith and i was just lookin 4 any kind of tips i could get

Is the Norwalk night of fire coming up or something? Get the fastest lens you can afford.

i do a lil drag racing photog. big into the street car scene so most of my photos are from track rentals or Test n tunes...etc

but yeah...panning is 90% of it

Nitro, I photograph diesel sports, mainly tractor pulls. But, it is good practice for drag races. You need to practice panning and your timing. Try going to a tractor pull, you have less than 20 seconds to take a photo. Talk about great practice.

yea night under fire is coming up i cant go i have a points race that night and im tied 4 first....... keith i think i mite try the opisite of ur tip jk thanks tho........and big bully thanks much for the advice i have a good friend that drag races and does truck pulls the top alcohol dragster he has does around 200+ mph in roughly 6.00 seconds down the quarter!!!!!

i forgot lunchbox sorry man and i agree and cool good to hear it!!

The best way to get good, is just practice, practice, practice. I know it is a cliche, but when it comes to drag racing, or any motor sport photography, that is the best thing you can do.

thanks big bully so how long have you been shooting 4???

Most reactions

Back