Is there any third party flash that can be radio triggered except the Nikon SB-5000 ?

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Nikon SB-5000 is currently the only flash for Nikon system that can be radio triggered by the D5, D500, D850 and maybe D7500.
Is there an other third party flash that can be controlled (radio) by Nikon camera ?

It's not what you asked goodguy, but would you be better off not limiting yourself and getting a trigger system?

Not with the Nikon system, no.

You can get radio triggers since ages though, such as pocket wizard.

Is there an other third party flash that can be controlled (radio) by Nikon camera ?
If third party equipment is o.k. with you, then why not just get the third party trigger to go with it?

I've used a Godox radio trigger for a while in my studio. Works fine. Just needs a battery change in the receiver every once in a while. Not expensive. I can't remember the cost but it was trivial. The unit came with 2 receivers but I only use one and use slave triggering for the other units.

Check out the flashpoint li-ion speedlights from Adorama. They come with their own radio trigger and that trigger can also work their studio lights like the xplor 600, which is really nice If you wanna mix large and small lights easily with full radio control.

The Nikon radio system is a joke. You have to buy the adapters and it’s just a royal PITA as far as I can tell.

If third party equipment is o.k. with you, then why not just get the third party trigger to go with it?
I've got PacketWizard TT5
Thanks everybody, asI thought there is no other choice, these bloody SB-5000 are just a bitter pill I will have to swallow sooner or later.
I bought the Pocketwizard TT5 with the TT1 and AC3 well over a year ago, great system but having triggers means each needs its own batteries, its complex and a PITA, since I bought it I used it maybe 2-3 times so I rater have the benefits of the D850 with the SB-5000

The Nikon radio system is a joke. You have to buy the adapters and it’s just a royal PITA as far as I can tell.
OMG really ? I thought that considering how much you have to pay extra for that (more than I am willing to pay, anyway) it should at least work like a charm.

Most reactions

Back