Is there anyone left who wants to learn?

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ugg, I just wrote a really ugly rant, and deleted it but the basics of it was:
I used to learn SO MUCH from here.
Instead of listening to people in the business, a lot of people (especially those without photo posts or websites), critique away, and not in a good way.
This could be an awesome place to share.
Could it please get back to that?
Cindy

You have a point, however I get very few C&C on my shots which can be disapointing....actually, I've run out of my files of shots to post.

I to have learned much from the forum.

Got to get out and snap lots more.

Added to say, I learned pretty much everything I know from Jon Michael, and Hertz. I was willing to listen, and grew a nice business because of it.
Terri helped me enormously.
So did Allison.
Arch Angel
Soooooo many others.

Yes there are many members who have valuable lessons to learn from....and Big Mike, Digital Matt, etc.

Hi PNA,
Welcome!
I don't mind people not liking things. I post on much tougher boards. What I don't like is people judging others without showing any work at all.
I mean why would I listen to someone who has nothing to contribute? I understand that the viewer is the be all end all, and that great, and profitiable, but what I don't understand is being repremanded by photogs who might not understand that I have disregarded the rule of the thirds, the "correct" horizon, ect.
I wanna know who I am talking to is all, and I'd love to see this forum make it mandatory that a person have a website, or at very least a photo post.

Yes there are many members who have valuable lessons to learn from....and Big Mike, Digital Matt, etc.

How could I forget them???? Yes, absolutely yes. And Pete Christie, and Allison and her hubby. Absoluely!

I wanna learn... I've posted a very few photos here and have gotten some decent feedback. I just received my brand spankin' new 350D (Woo hoo!!), so I'm eager to get out and shoot some more. Look for some from me in the not-so-distant future!

Also relating to your post, I've felt kinda awkward when I have offerered any critique, one because my post count isn't all that high and most people don't really know me here. Second, because I haven't posted many photos, so I can't expect my input to weigh very much when no one has seen my work to back it up.

The ones I have offered input on are usually fairly simple points that a beginner is still trying to learn..("How do I achieve this effect?" shutter speed vs. aperture, and that sort of thing) Beyond that I try not to say much because I just don't have the experience.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'll try to do my part to get it back to 'the way it used to be'... :) I just still have a lot to learn before I can be of much help to others here...

I wanna know who I am talking to is all, and I'd love to see this forum make it mandatory that a person have a website, or at very least a photo post.

Hummmm......interesting, I for one do not have a web site, only the forum's gallery where my posted shots are.

Hi Pascal,
i guess what I am saying is that I would love to hear the raw capture of a college photographic student, or someone who is just looking, but I don't want to hear "how I could do it 10,0000 times" better from someone who never posted a shot.
On top of that, very few want our opinions anymore. Not our opinions exactly, but TLC how to go forward and become successful.
Sorry, I'm tired. Had a wedding on Friday, an engagement on Saturday, and a wedding on Sunday, so I'm tired and grouchy. I'd LOVE to help new people, people starting out, but they know it all, already. (A lot anyway, not like the good old days. )

you can always ignore the critiques that you don't like.

I'm a fan of getting as much information as possible and evaluating which info is vital and correct vs. which info is dumb. It's a piece that really helps me learn the most. I'm absolutely new at photography, but that doesn't mean I should shut my mouth. It just means that the more experienced should show me the way.

elsaspet.....as a professional you have much to offer amateurs such as me. I have no aspirations to become professional, but as many, I want to improve my skills.

Sorry, I'm tired. Had a wedding on Friday, an engagement on Saturday, and a wedding on Sunday, so I'm tired and grouchy. I'd LOVE to help new people, people starting out, but they know it all, already. (A lot anyway, not like the good old days. )

don't apologize. I sure hope nobody here thinks they know enough (I certainly don't) or thinks they are above any help. Without people willing to help, TPF wouldn't be the great forum it is.
So go ahead and rant; it keeps us on our toes..:wink:

pascal

Most reactions

Back