Is there anything I can do in PP to fix this photo?

jdong217

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's an HDR panorama but I guess I went wrong somewhere because the ocean is 3 different textures and the border between them is really noticeable. I'm pretty new to photoshop and PP so I don't know much.

My first idea was to use clone stamp, but that turned out to be very difficult for the entire ocean. Healing brush/content-aware didn't work either. And I don't think layers would work since I only have 3 exposures and each of the exposures also has the odd divisions in the ocean.

TSTSunset-3.jpg

nah, don't think it can be salvaged without hours of near pixel by pixel matching. This is a good example of why you can't shoot HDR/panos in an auto mode. You can use an auto mode (like aperture priority) to get you in the ball park, but then switch to full manual, leaving the settings were they were. THe camera will sometimes change how things are exposed from shot to shot, creating these lines. leaving it in full manual means it will keep the same settings from shot to shot, creating a consistent image.

I think it's fixable, I just don't know that it is really worth the effort. It's a nice photo but nothing that screams fix me and hang me on a wall. I'm sure with some masking you could kind of blend them together. To me it doesn't really look like a panorama either, you might want to consider getting a lens for landscape.

Most reactions

Back