Leigh Wanstead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.smootharm.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
normal_IMGA0447.jpg
Full size url http://www.smootharm.com/picture/nfpicturepro/albums/userpics/10002/IMGA0447.jpg TIA Regards Leigh

Yes, everything. The whole photo is kind of bland, as much as I like the contrast of the two different patterns.

LOL thank you.

Additionally, you ought to consider using a different camera. All of your images tend to be oversaturated, especially when it comes to greens, which also tend to look pretty out of focus.

The idea is not bad. The light is low and gives off a lot of yellow which accounts for the deep saturation, mostly so of the green. You take still shots with a video camera, right? If you like photography so much, why don't you get yourself a proper photo camera then?

And my instant thought in reply to your question on what might be missing here is: a person sitting on the bottom steps of those stairs. Would give the photo some life.

I do see your idea of capturing the shadow of the banister on the wall, though. Not bad. But a person (or an animal, a dog or so) sitting there somewhere would have helped.

Hmmm, ideally you'll want to add a primary subject that can serve to catch the viewer's eye. I looked at the picture and I can't really say that any of the objects catch mine. There are a lot of patterns, but none of them look very interesting to me. Ask yourself what you are trying to show, and then ask yourself if you've made that EXPLICITLY clear in the picture: your viewers are not mind readers. If you are going to take pictures of stairs, look for an unconventional point-of-view (such as from the bottom of the stairs, with the incline leading the viewer's gaze); a picture from the side just won't do it any justice. Keep trying!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back