Is there anything more portable than a TLR?

Note: with old MF folders you should look at ones that have a coupled rangefinder, unless you want to scale focus.

Good point. I could learn to scale focus, if needed.

I am waiting on Jurgen now to get back to me. Really really looking forward to getting one in my hands.

If I can learn, anyone can learn :D
Certainly. Anyway didn't a few days using my SLR and guessing distances, dialing it into the lens, and looking through the lens. I'm getting there.
You have a bit of leeway using a smaller aperture (larger number) i even use it on my Leicas when shooting on the street

F8 and be there ;)

Note: with old MF folders you should look at ones that have a coupled rangefinder, unless you want to scale focus.

Good point. I could learn to scale focus, if needed.

I am waiting on Jurgen now to get back to me. Really really looking forward to getting one in my hands.

If I can learn, anyone can learn :D
Certainly. Anyway didn't a few days using my SLR and guessing distances, dialing it into the lens, and looking through the lens. I'm getting there.
You have a bit of leeway using a smaller aperture (larger number) i even use it on my Leicas when shooting on the street

F8 and be there ;)
Probably better at F11 or more with medium format

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I'm just going to work on being there first, haha

Ordered an Ercona 1! Really looking forward to getting it in my hands.

Anyone know if that particular camera will accept a modern tripod base plate or is the bushing of a different thread diameter and pitch?
It will almost certainly be 1/4 inch UNC which is standard for cameras and tripods but might be 3/8 in which case you need a small threaded insert to reduce it to 1/4 inch. Most likely it will be 1/4 inch already.

I got my Zeiss Ercona 1 from Jurgen yesterday. Looks fantastic and cannot wait to run a few rolls through it. Tempor shutter, Tessar 105/ 3.5 lens. Due to the limited number of shutter speeds available, I am going to need a remote. I know that it is going to be a cable release but I see that there are a couple different ones. Can I pick up a universal one or is there a specific Zeiss thread?

Cable releases do come in different thread sizes, but most use the standard size. A quick search yielded no info about cable release quitks, so I'd guess you could use a standard sized one.

Jurgen got back to me and said that it was probably a standard one. Went that route. I will see if that does the trick.

Jurgen got back to me and said that it was probably a standard one. Went that route. I will see if that does the trick.
Jurgen sold me this.
553691e77cc82842a27e613f554e4ffa.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well the lightest thing that takes 120 film is probably a Holga they can be had for <20$ but don't expect much...

I sometimes use a 500CM when Im out and about, not really the worst thing to carry around, its never bothered me much, but I can see why people wouldn't want to lug it around its not exactly the lightest thing in the world.

I have a delightful Rolleichord I Model 2, takes great pictures and is a bit lighter than the later Rolleiflexs as there is simply less going on. The Rolleichords can be had for <100$ (I paid 80 for mine at a flea market about 8 months ago) which is significantly less than the Rolleiflexs. This is where I would stick for nice size MF cameras. The Rollei stuff has a good mix of size, features and weight.

Put some time in on a Voightlander Bessa folder which was an interesting camera. I had the first generation one that did not have the rangefinder unit, just the scale and the composition view piece. Lots of out of focus pictures... The ones that were good came out nice but nothing to write home about. Ended up trading it (in part for the 500C/M). Not sure Im ready to go back to something with a focus scale again.

Regards
Dave

Figured that I would update this. I have shot a few rolls with it and have to say. It is interesting and I quite like it. More deliberate photography. Slows everything down. I only have 8 shots so I look at things differently now. My first roll and I came away with a few good shots. It was a test roll really. TMax 400 scanned with a Canonscan MKII.

IMG_20160701_0002 by Jarrod Hills, on Flickr

IMG_20160701_0006 by Jarrod Hills, on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back