Is there really a difference between Canon and Nikon (regarding price)?

But Canon has been losing a lot of sales from Nikon's D40 lineup, and these are first time customers which are critical, because they'll keep buying more stuff from whatever system they buy into assuming they don't switch. I think this is what the Canon XS is going to address, to help new customers find their way over to Canon rather than Nikon. I'll watch out for them at Costco! :lol:

It's soooo true. I'm a beginner in this and I have been spending the last few days searching for the right SLR to buy and I'm sooooo tempted by D40. I mean its price with BOTH 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses is lower than the XT's with just the standard lens. Of course the latter is a 2MP higher machine but then (and I know it shouldn't matter) it's so ugly, especially the silver version one:)
For me as a beginner I don't think 2MP less will matter and since I don't have any favourites already over the two, I think I'm going price-wise over Nikon.

Originally Posted by Mav
I really wish some of the OGs here who are clicking "View All New Posts" as their way of surfing TPF and replying to anything that comes up that strikes their fancy would pay more attention to what forum they're actually posting in, see that this is the Beginner's forum, and cut people a little slack. This may be an old and tired debate to some of you guys but it's very worthy information to have for Beginners.

:thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup:, you said it Mav!

Most reactions

Back