Is there really any point.....?

Artograph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am interested in becoming more involved with photography as a hobbie, and maybe someday even professionally. I'd even like to join the local camera club later this month.

Is it realistic of me to even attempt to be a "serious newbie" at photography when all I own (and can afford) is the Kodak Easy Share (6.1 or is it 7.1 mega pixals and x10 optical zoom...?

:blushing: (Please don't laugh...out loud.......too loud... !!)

You can create good photographs with any camera. The camera doesn't make the photographer.

Yup. You may be limited to some degree in the kind of shot you can take, but the basics of composition and exposure remain the same. When I go out to shoot I make a point of only bringing one lens for my exchangable camera, usually a fixed focal length lens called a prime, a non-zoom lens. Just shoot with what you've got.

Exactly. Unless I'm on an assignment, and even than, I rarely bring everything. I just bring what I think i'll need.

You can be a great photographer with a not so great camera...it is all about how you use all of your other resources. Such as lighting, subject, timing, and luck.

Wow....thank you so much guys!!! I was sure everyone would laugh me right out of this site!!! LOL!!! ...What a relief!! :OD

While I have learned so much in the short time I've really become interested....the biggest lesson is that I have so much more to learn!

Truth be told...I have managed to take a few shots that I'm pretty proud of....and just as soon as I learn how to post them here....I will!!! LOL!!

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back