Is there such a THING???

Wolverinepwnes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've been looking for a book that has tons of picture of nature / macro, and such with the settings used to take the pictures, I mean there are tons of phtography magazines and books that have lots of pictures but no explanation on what settings (aperture / shutter spd / ISO) was used. anyone has any suggestions?

I can't help you, don't know of any, maybe they do not want to give up there secrets/talent. :mrgreen:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i cant think of any books, but flickr is good for something like this, as the exif data can be seen, and you can search for specific things like "macro".

John Shaw's books are well worth getting hold of, though they were written in his film days (And as far as I know he hasn't published anything major since going digital) the rules and methods are still the same, save that we get to change our ISOs in the field without having to change the film in the camera ;)
I do agree that there are a lot of publications out there which are sadly not much more than photoalbums with a few details and basic info slapped in - nothing bad in that but it does leave the eager learner a bit short.

I do agree flickr is a great place to get an idea of what settings people have used in shots - and some people are very approachable and will happily explain what they used to get a shot. I would also recomend checking out the following website/flickr members:

No Cropping Zone
Flickr: Dalantech's Photostream
Flickr: Lord V's Photostream

Also this thread on another site is a goldmine of macro advice - its quite long, but well worth reading through:
Juza Nature Photography Forum • View topic - Macro techniques, tips and problem solving

Sadly quite a lot of what I have linked there is people working with greater than 1:1 macro, but the methods and practice arre still the same for regular macro

Most reactions

Back