Is this a good camera?

liveinsurrealism

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok I just lost a bid on ebay for a pentax k-1000 that I have been doing for a week about the time I joined this sight:(
But now that i think about it I might want to leap right into the digital abyss. I found a Nikon N75 on ebay for one 121 dollars.

camera.jpg

Is this a good camera? Do you know of any better cameras I might be able to find that are 200 dollars or under? Help greatly appreciated.

The N75 is a dandy “starter” SLR that is more than capable. For a few extra bucks though, I would recommend an N80 instead.

The N80 will give you the following advantages over the N75:

Larger viewfinder coverage
Faster flash sync
Faster max shutter speed
Selectable viewfinder grid lines (very helpful when composing)

Just my .02

If you're going to go with an entry-level Canon or Nikon, remember that if you get the more modern AF lenses, they'll fit right on whatever digital you (may) end up with. The N80 is a good choice, as are the N or F 90, 100 etc. This is a good time to buy these cameras as a lot of people who would have owned one, would now switch to a digital compact. I picked up an F55 the other day, brand new (but lost box and packaging) for about ÂŁ35. It was plasticy, but it's fully compatible with say the D50 in terms of lenses.

There's also Canon's Elan and similar mid-range and entry-level cameras to consider.

Rob

liveinsurrealism said:
I might want to leap right into the digital abyss. I found a Nikon N75 on ebay for one 121 dollars.

Just checking, you do realize this is a film camera, not digital, right?

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back