is this a good deal?!?!

bof.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
used Nikon 50mm f1.8 for $110? if so ill scoop it

this would be a good landscape lens would it not? fairly wide angle?

I wouldn't think of that as a landscape lens....more of a portrait lens. For landscape I would think something under 20 mm would be much better.

Sorry can't comment on the price.....not a Nikon user.

Is your camera crop sensor or full frame?
Either way I think it too long for proper landscapes - though on a crop sensor (which most people start with) its certainly too long - full frame you might get away with it, but I think not.

The only way I can see it working would be if you setup on a tripod and panned a series of shots - and then stuck them together into a panorama shot.

errmmm... you can get a NEW Nikon 50mm 1.8 for $110.

No, that's not a good deal. You can buy a new one from a reputable shop for $109 + $8 or $9 for shipping. That's a USA version with a warranty. Here's the link:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/247091-USA/Nikon_2137_Normal_AF_Nikkor_50mm.html

I bought mine used over at the Nikonians forums for $82 total and it's in mint condition. Another good place to check would be the Nikon Cafe forums.

EDIT: I see manaheim beat me to it.

No, that's not a good deal. You can buy a new one from a reputable shop for $109 + $8 or $9 for shipping. That's a USA version with a warranty. Here's the link:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/247091-USA/Nikon_2137_Normal_AF_Nikkor_50mm.html

I bought mine used over at the Nikonians forums for $82 total and it's in mint condition. Another good place to check would be the Nikon Cafe forums.

EDIT: I see manaheim beat me to it.

haha i guess i should have looked into that first eh.. thanks guys i appreciate it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back