Is this a good deal???

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Re: a Nikon D5000---( and lenses for it.)

Nikon D5000 DX-Format Digital SLR Camera Two-Lens Outfit (18-55 VR & AF-S DX 55-200mm F/4-5.6G ED) - 25454-2156 - RitzCamera.com

i was considering it with the extra lens. I have no clue as to what im doing lol

i know i want to get an extra lens, but i dont have a lot to spend ( 150 bucks tops right now) is the extra lens with this kit good?

Ive been reading and reading...trying to figure out what lens is what and im not getting any where. Ive figured out the different "off brands"... that at first i thought were Nikon model lenses.( like: Sigma,etc)..and i get that 1:1 is best ratio for Macro. not 1:2 etc... but i dont know which m.m. would be best for me...For portraits, zoom/macro, or just all purpose ??

Im still trying to learn, dont be to mean lol:confused:
Thanks a ton in advance!!

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/SLR1206.htm

I've personally found Ritz to be at least $10 higher on thing than anyone else. Your link didn't work for me but if I were you I'd try Adorama or Photo4less.com

I agree with the previous poster. Ritz is usually higher priced, but not always when they have a sale.

I would also suggest checking Amazon and BH Photo.

The 55-200mm VR is a good lens. If your right at your budget that's a fine lens for the price. If you think you can spend more consider the 70-300 VR, but you can't go wrong with the 55-200 VR.

Your link didn't tek me directly to the product page, but looking at the test of the link it looks like the 55-200 is the ON VR. I wouldn't get that one, I would get the one with VR. It reported to have better optics and the VR is useful.

Here's a similar kit, with a case (which you will likely eventually want to replace) and looks like a DVD. Nikon | D5000 Digital SLR Camera Kit with 18-55mm VR & | B&H

ok hope this one works.... im going to copy/paste the info too just in case. lol
however, im not sure where it said anything about a warranty. =/

Nikon D5000 DX-Format Digital SLR Camera Two-Lens Outfit (18-55 VR & AF-S DX 55-200mm F/4-5.6G ED) - 25454-2156 - RitzCamera.com

Nikon D5000 DX-Format Digital SLR Camera Two-Lens Outfit (18-55 VR & AF-S DX 55-200mm F/4-5.6G ED)

Regularly $949.98 Before $150 Nikon Instant Savings - Shop Our Presidents' Day Sale!

Our Price:$799.98
Free Shipping:$0.00 Sales Tax:$0.00
Your Final Price:$799.98 Manufacturer # 25454-2156
Our Stock # SLR1206
Presidents' Day Sale Ends February 20, 2010

Two-Lens Nikon DSLR Bonus Outfit!
Includes: Nikon D5000 DX-Format Digital SLR Camera, Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55MM F/3.5-5.6G VR Lens and Nikon 55-200 mm F/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Nikkor Lens
PLUS - Bonus Nikon Instructional DVD

This is the one i have been set onm for awhile, until recently i was wanting another lens with it...even though the warranty isnt much, its hard to pull away from this refurb deal lol

I agree with the previous poster. Ritz is usually higher priced, but not always when they have a sale.

I would also suggest checking Amazon and BH Photo.

The 55-200mm VR is a good lens. If your right at your budget that's a fine lens for the price. If you think you can spend more consider the 70-300 VR, but you can't go wrong with the 55-200 VR.

Your link didn't tek me directly to the product page, but looking at the test of the link it looks like the 55-200 is the ON VR. I wouldn't get that one, I would get the one with VR. It reported to have better optics and the VR is useful.

Here's a similar kit, with a case (which you will likely eventually want to replace) and looks like a DVD. Nikon | D5000 Digital SLR Camera Kit with 18-55mm VR & | B&H

Nikon 55-200 mm F/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Nikkor
Nikon 55mm - 200mm f/4-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR

So whats the difference between these?! lol

VR for sure they are not much different in price especially if you get the refurbished one from Adorama for $150 (That's what I did and its like new)

Its great feature to have if you plan on hand holding your camera most of the time. I would not skimp on a feature that you will probably be wishing you got later on. Especially for under $30 price difference.

Photographers got by for a long, long time without AF or VR.

With good camera holding/shooting technique you don't really need to up to 200mm.

When you start getting out to 300 mm it's more valuable.

The other consideration is resale value. It's lower without the VR.

Photographers got by for a long, long time without AF or VR.

With good camera holding/shooting technique you don't really need to up to 200mm.

When you start getting out to 300 mm it's more valuable.

The other consideration is resale value. It's lower without the VR.

ok, well ill be taking most of all my pics holding the camera. So i didnt want to spend all that money and have my pics look shaky..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back