Is this a good lens?

Ya it's a great lens but i would rather get it from adorama.com brand new for basically the same price.
tj

The 50mm is a great prime lens that are in/have been in most Nikon users bags.

Im getting one soon, when I have some more money. :lol:

LOL man I always find it funny when people post used things on craigslist for just a little bit lower than retail.

But yes, it is a nice lens!

I'm going to add my two cents since I finally have some knowledge on something. I just ordered mine off Amazon for $125 and like others have said got the Nikon warranty with it. I absolutely love this lens too!!!

I have been doing some shooting with a Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.4 lens recently. The 1.4 is nice, but sells for around $325.00 or so on the major websites, and used lenses go for almost that much.

For the $200.00 difference, as the f/1.8 goes for like $125.00, for many people, I would almost recommend the f/1.8.

Spend the $200 towards another lens, maybe the 35mm AF-S f/1.8.

I got my 50MM 1.8 lightly used for around $70.00. It is cannon but they sell new for the same price so the used market should be about the same too. I paid that at a camera shop which is usually a little higher then CL or other classifieds.

It is a good lens =) I decided to get it when my D90 was ordered (from Amazon, on Amazon it was $125) just got my camera and lenses last week, and the 50mm f/1.8 is definitely a fun lens to use.

I personally am glad I decided to purchase it along with the D90 kit.

I too would say go with a more reputable seller (like Adorama, B&H, Amazon) is the price is basically the same.

Have the lens. Love the lens. It's my favorite lens. It's my go-to lens for just about everything. I almost always start with that lens and then switch out to a different one if I can't quite get what I want due to distance or whatever. The only lens I like better is the 70-200mm f/2.8 and I can't afford that yet...

I have The D60 so it prob won't autofocus on my camera? Thanks for all the info. I will most def. buy new with warranty!

This is why I ask these questions on here! Thanks guys!

I have The D60 so it prob won't autofocus on my camera?

That's correct. Everything else about it will work fine. I've used the same lens on a D40. It's just a matter of how much you mind manually focusing. Most likely, you won't be able to really get off a quick shot of something, for example.

Most reactions

Back