Is this a good memory card?

The only thing that is garaunteed to be not junk in that package is the D90 and the lens. Everything else is no doubt bottom of the barrel stuff, including the "camera case". Package deals are really just a means of unloading a ton of crap on unsuspecting buyers who don't know the difference between manufacturers.

At Amazon you can get the exact same camera body for 839 bucks. You could then use the difference to buy a better starting lens than the VR lens (which isn't automatically bad).

Are you trying to buy a package so you don't have to make individual purchases? Buying a package deal is like buying a prebuilt computer - if you put the time and effort into ordering (and assembling) the individual components, you will get a tailor made deal that better addresses your needs than some all-in-one deal that may or may not hit all your buttons.

Ya I think the 18-105 is nice and then I will eventually also pick up the 50mm 1.8 probably around march for my b-day when i save some cash.

Ya I think the 18-105 is nice and then I will eventually also pick up the 50mm 1.8 probably around march for my b-day when i save some cash.

I don't know if you have bought the camera yet, since it's after christmas but I just wanted to show you this link. Looks like a good deal. It's what I am ordering, actually.

Some one asked this same question the other day and they were asking about 300x cards. As above, pointless unless you have a camera that needs them.

Fortunately I found a retailer selling Sandisk 8GB Extreme IV cards for $85 each. After the rebate it's going to cost me a little over $100 for three cards.

Score!

Jands I actually got the same setup from amazon directly for 1099 and then with a transcend 16gb class 6 card with reader for i think the same price as the link you showed me or a little cheaper. So definitely check out amazon.com amazing prices and deals. It was my first purchase but definitely not the last!

My d90 allows me to get like 750 raw+JPEG Fines on the 16gb and it's a fast card and reader i really enjoy it you will love the camera.
*sorry for double post.

Let's say I took two exact same photos with same exact settings, one in RAW and JPEG.... when I open them on computer, would RAW file initially look different than JPEG one because it hasn't yet been processed?

I don't think So I have been shooting RAW+JPEG FINE and when I open both in capture nx2 I don't initially see a difference. I think it may also have to do with the setting though like darker areas or what not but don't quote me on that part lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back